Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 93 Posts

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The original posting for the pattern stock;
http://www.trapshooters.com/threads/the-making-and-fitting-of-a-lh-pattern-stock.407953/
I sent my pattern stock and blank to Show Me Stocks to have it duplicated. Meanwhile I was trying to buy a blank from Dougbbbb and asked him to ship it direct to SMS. SMS’s owner, Donnie, matched a fore end wood for the stock blank I had sent him and took note for the fore ends. I wanted the fore end wood to both have the Parcour profile, but one would have the barrel profile for a parcour barrel and the other would have the profile of a K-80 barrel.
I sent the wood on April, 27 and received the duplicate stocks on May,17.
Let the sanding and fitting begin.....

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I received the stock bolts from Mc Master Carr and fabricated the bushings out of aluminum. Krieghoff charges about $40.00 for the bolt and bushing, I have about $2.10 in the bolt and bushing, plus my labor. I’ve always used a miniature drum sander to do some of the receiver inletting, but decided to buy a cheap Harbor Freight air file and it’s worked like a charm (I cut strips of 150 grit paper and contact cemented the strip onto the file).

Sheba is intently watching Daddy work on a stock.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I mixed the Acraglass and I’m waiting for it to gel, before acraglassing the receiver to the stock.

·
Premium Member
932 Posts
Damn Andy, you've always been such a meticulous individual. Hope you and your better half are doing well. I believe congrats are in order from having read another one of your posts. Good shooting, Rey

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Now that I beded the action, I can cut the stock for length of pull.

I installed the pattern stock’s recoil pad in order to establish the size of the pattern stock, since the duplicated stocks are routed a bit oversized

Now I can sand to the line and my new stocks will be as close to the pattern stock as possible.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Along with my Mirka 3” sander, with a soft foam pad and Abranet disks, I love my Dinabrade 1.25” sander.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Here are the pics of the first stock I’m working on. The first two coats (probably more lile 10) were applied with Acme Finish 1, FC720 clearcoat, which for my taste was way over the top glossy, so I sprayed the stock today with a satin finish clear from the same company. We’ll see how it turns out.
I purchased this blank from a fellow who was located in Turkey and was selling them on ebay about 10 years ago. I’m not too excited with the poor grain that showed up on the finished stock.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I shot the topcoat too thick and it blushed . I want to send it off to be checkered sometime next week. I shot it very well though.

It looks like I need to angle my stock bolt hole. My nice round hole in the pad is no longer round.

1 - 20 of 93 Posts