Trapshooters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I found gold Remington Nitro27 at my local WalMart. They had four 4 packs and four loose boxes. Four boxes of gun clubs also. With our local tax, for the Nitros, that’s $13.71 per box. I left them on the shelf. I’m OK for ammo and components now, but even then, I don’t think I could make myself pay that kind of price. I used to buy goose and duck loads way cheaper than that. I have a steady supply available of overseas shells if needed, for $10 per box tax included, if I have to. I sure hope prices come down by spring.

·
Premium Member
1,845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
At this point I’m thinking if I can find anything fairly reasonable, I going to buy and store. I really wish I had kept my stash that I accumulated pre-pandemic. I sold about a years supply just trying to help people that didn’t plan ahead. Kind of bittersweet I guess. On one hand I’m glad I got to help friends out, but at the same time, I put myself in a bind.

·
Registered
662 Posts
Dawson’s has them at $105 a flat right now.

Thankful we have a local supplier that doesn’t feel the need to bend their customers over

·
Premium Member
1,845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I don’t even know what the Current Event forums is. Am I missing something? Another one of Trons jokes?

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Needs to be posted in the “Current events” forum. Reported.

Maybe if all you shooters would PM Tron and asked nicely he would keep us all up to date. I think he has plenty of time to tour all of the Walmart locations in southern Michigan and northern Ohio each day and report back here to us. He has been real successful at beating out those 4H Kids and Moms from Walmart ammo. Just a thought !

·
Premium Member
1,845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
OK, I found what I was looking for in the Off Topic section. I take it as a joke now. I don’t check all the forums. Perhaps I need to.

On another note, I remember a country song by Leroy Van ****. It had a line in it, or maybe the title was Walk on By. If it bugs ya, Walk on By.

·
Premium Member
20,064 Posts
It's Leroy Van ****. Just Walk On By, Wait On the Corner, one of the great Country Classics!!!!!

·
Registered
9,098 Posts
I understand that most of us clay target shooters are not buying these shells at those prices so who is?
There are never any available at the Walmarts I go to so someone is purchasing them.
At one of the Walmart’s I go to the one box limit was to prohibit the local pawn shops from buying them for resell.
Since I don’t frequent any pawn shops is that still going on, surely not at these prices plus another mark up there.

·
Premium Member
1,845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Strangely enough I was in Cabelas today in OKC. Their shelves were FULL of all kinds of rifle and pistol ammunition. Rimfire up to large caliber. No shotgun shells except a very few boxes of hunting loads. I wonder if the manufacturers are running this type of ammunition rather than shotgun shells?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts