Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9,941 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
. . . and I must say I miss his delightful contributions. This was in my old email file and it almost brought him to life.

For those who were not here, (or have forgotten) Singh and his firm would take over posting for people here who might be temporarily too busy or not much at writing but full of good ideas - that sort of thing. When the "One man, One sign-on name" steamroller did its damage he could not continue here and moved over to the friendliest site where his work as Steve M. and Jim T. is very much admired. I have taken the liberty of updating a few of the references in a way he would surely have approved.

"My Dear Trapshooters.com readers and writers,

As I mentioned in the "Error in the new Trap & Field..." thread, our firm in Bangladore specializes in "ghost personae" for the discerning cyber-scribe who understands that "outsourcing the muse" is the ideal way to handle the many time-demands of modern life. The response to our offering on that thread has been gratifying and I'm taking this tiny moment of your time express our appreciation.

Thank you for all the enquiries, and for the number of you who have already signed up. Our firm is even now developing several interesting profiles which we will be sending out for approval and prospective virtual-incarnation.

As you see on the other thread, it is the quality of our "personalities" that distinguishes our firm from its many less-qualified competitors. We make a complete study of the postings of an individual now present and with the use of American movies and TV re-runs can assure an almost perfect match that will appear genuine and familiar to every stateside reader.

Let me give you an example. Mr. O. Dawg's workload as a corporate chief counsel made it impossible for him to maintain the presence he had so carefully established here. We were able to create a fusion of the popular black & white TV personalities Barney Fife and Mr. Ed and "took the handoff" in late August, 2005. We faired-in so seemlessly that no one detected the substitution, and I think all will agree it's an imaginative piece of work.

Though I find it personally distressing, I feel I must also add a small warning. There are companies offering so-called "cut rate" services and it turns out to be just another example of "You get what you pay for." You can see it right here. Both "Gapper" and "Dr. Longshot" are clearly the product of the fly-by-night word-merchants who flourish in the festering slums of Calcutta who will dash off anything for a rupee a paragraph and though they admittedly can handle the stereotype "ignoramus" well that's about the breadth of their palette and who wants to be just another girl in the same dress at a party?

At the favorable exchange rate now prevailing we can offer plans for any budget. Based on our research here we "know the territory" and can span the range from the economical "What shot size?" enquiry to the more costly colorful graphs we produce for the "Neil Winston" masquerade we are so proud of.

Be assured that none of what "you" post will unmasked as plagiarism as happens so often and embarrassingly here; all our work is 100% original and matched to the desired profile of the poster. None will be sniffed out by Snopes either. Ours is a quality product, discrete and undetectable, and we all know there are better ways to spend your time than posting here, don't we? I mean what are you, a hermit?

I respectfully await your correspondence,

Your Most Obedient Servant,

Singh

·
Supporting Vendor
9,952 Posts
He is dearly missed, but I suspect he still posts here from time to time. I also miss "Esterhaus" and "splchk" (he offered his spelling services and it could get really funny when taken exception to) among many others.

·
Banned
5,302 Posts
I have to the echo Neil's dismay at the unavailability of "Team Singh", for TS.com. Their character assemblage for me drawing on the innocence of The Beaver, the laconic shrewdness of Sam Spade in the Maltese Falcon and the sex appeal of Jane Harlow seems to work well in my other forums.

I am pleased to report that Team Singh has expanded its services. I use it to impersonate attorneys in all my litigation at a fraction of the cost and twice the competency of domestic firms. Who knew that by throwing in words like "scienter", "assumpsit" and a little Latin like "tempus fugit" that defendants would fold up without even answering?

I also use them for all my IRS audit appearances. Their creative accounting is amazing. Without their work I am convinced I would have had to serve twice as long and pay 10 times what I did.

Lastly, they have now added loyalty points. Clients can earn free stays at any Best Western owned by the extended Patel clan. I can drive any interstate in the Country (except Interstate H1 in Honolulu and that is only because the bridge from the Southern California is still under construction), and never be further than 20 miles from a warm bed.

Thanks Team Singh, I "singh" your praise.

JT

·
Registered
9,941 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Unfortunately, the most recent "poster" above, "JT" here, is the "Jim T." I mentioned as but a profile managed by Singh on the friendliest site.

So what you see is not not the work of a satisfied customer but a fakir, using his cheap bamboo virtual-flute to coax a counterfeit cobra from a basket to fool you into sending him money.

There is no "JT." Heck, there is no "cjranch" beyond the cyber representation in Singh's computer half way around the world! That whole kerfuffle was just a bit of absurdist theatre, Singh showcasing his skill at inventing and breathing life into "certain types" as he so diplomatically puts it. "It's amazing that the EC fell for it!" he recently wrote to me.

From that you can tell how much better he was than his competitors now active here. What we have now is an an assemblage of stick men, stereotypes, and empty suits which we can spot without even trying. It's really sad how standards have been debased, how mere monotonous, tone-deaf repetition has taken the place of art.

Neil

·
Banned
5,302 Posts
Pay no mind to this Winston fellow. He would have you believe he can adjust your POI by using a sacred tree trunk.(Free except for the cost of the replacement barrel)

Team Singh takes AMEX, MC and Visa but offers a 20% discount for direct withdrawl. Send your bank routing number now!

Oh look, a squirrel! I'll be right back.

·
Registered
3,116 Posts
I miss the old boy, too. Back in those days, S&M Detective Agency was also in full swing on this site. I believe for a mere $500 the firm could identify the sneakiest of anonymous posters on here...and "out" them (or not) depending on the demand and whether the agents felt a bit of guilt identifying some poor sap who could be a real terror on here...to compensate for being beaten up regularly in high school.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts