Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
9,922 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello:
I was listening to the news this morning and they had a story about a man on vacation from China who did not speak any English. He got separated from his group at the restaurant and wandered off. Supposedly he signed his name to some paper and got placed in a drug rehabilitation facility.

The group at the restaurant wondered where he was and what happened to him? He was found 12 days later and released and the gentleman continue on with his vacation. I am still laughing about this but my wife said that's not funny. Terrible terrible situation.

I have always believed that I will never travel any where that you can not speak the language. In fact, I will not travel outside the USA.
Steve Balistreri
Wauwatosa Wisconsin

·
Registered
5,454 Posts
Sounds like the Tom Hanks Movie ( The Terminal )

He should have been carted off to the Chinese Embassy.

DGH

·
Registered
5,454 Posts
And on second thought he was probably one of those dumb kids that always wandered off. Never learned his lesson yet,

·
Well known trouble maker
2,730 Posts
While I was serving in the Turkish 10th Camel Brigade our unit unknowingly crossed the border into Armenia. We were accosted by the Armenia Secret Police and a fire fight broke out. I was separated from my unit in the confusion and wondered for three days through the mountains. I was subsequently picked up in Azerbaijan by the 2ed Regiment Royal Guard.

I was held in the infamous Baku prison for several months. During that time I learned the local language Azerbaijani and could speak like a native. When I was released I was put on a flight to Uzbeckistan and arrested upon landing by the Imperial Lancers. I was incarcerated in the Zarasham labor camps for nine months. During that time I mastered the local language Uzbek so I could converse with my fellow detainee’s.

I escaped the labor camp after six months and made my way back to Turkey where I was immediately deported and placed on a Air France flight to Paris.

There is no moral to this story.

I just figured if you actually read this thread you are so desperate for reading material that you will read anything.;)

·
Registered
6,786 Posts
Senor Smoke, You won't travel outside of the USofA?????????????

For gosh sakes, you live in Wisconsin!
Most trapshooters consider that outside of somewhere! lol lol

Hauxfan!

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
When my wife was traveling overseas, I told her to learn the language of any country she was going to visit, because in case of a kidnapping, I won't negotiate.

Pat

·
Registered
5,454 Posts
While I was serving in the Turkish 10th Camel Brigade our unit unknowingly crossed the border into Armenia. We were accosted by the Armenia Secret Police and a fire fight broke out. I was separated from my unit in the confusion and wondered for three days through the mountains. I was subsequently picked up in Azerbaijan by the 2ed Regiment Royal Guard.

I was held in the infamous Baku prison for several months. During that time I learned the local language Azerbaijani and could speak like a native. When I was released I was put on a flight to Uzbeckistan and arrested upon landing by the Imperial Lancers. I was incarcerated in the Zarasham labor camps for nine months. During that time I mastered the local language Uzbek so I could converse with my fellow detainee’s.

I escaped the labor camp after six months and made my way back to Turkey where I was immediately deported and placed on a Air France flight to Paris.

I just figured if you actually read this thread you are so desperate for reading material that you will read anything.;)
casting.gif

Just float that fly so no one could bite

LOL..

DGH

·
Premium Member
1,093 Posts

Doc, your imagination never ceases to amaze me.............................thanks for a great story and a good laugh!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Well known trouble maker
2,730 Posts
Doc, it always comes back to Turkey, and the very subtle message you suggest alluring in a roundabout way to their shotguns.
Aloha
I am deeply offended that anyone would think that I would stoop so low as to use innuendo, suggestion or subliminal messages in any of my posts to promote Turkish firearms. Yes, it's true that a Turkish over and under saved my life that day when the Amanahindi Rebels attacked the village I was visiting during a livestock auction, but you never hear me mention that do ya!

The fact that I am the President and CEO of BiStar Arms LTD (Importer of Fine Turkish Trap & Sporting Clays Shotguns) is seldom if ever mentioned in any of my posts.

To suggest, nay, accuse me of self promotion here on the forum regarding myself or Fine Turkish Shotguns in violation of forum rules is shocking.

Please provide proof of any post I have ever made promoting me, my image, my philosophies or affiliation with the sale of Fine Turkish Shotguns (Available in Single or Combo Configuration and in stock at KS-OKIE ARMS, Gladstone, MO) and I will issue a retraction of this message along with an apology.

·
Well known trouble maker
2,730 Posts
Put your Post back up aloha, LMAO

Don't make me reveal that private message..........

Folks, Aloha thought I was serious and sent me a heartfelt apology for my post above.

He didn't know I was pulling his leg.

It was a fabulous apology though, I hope he lets me share it with all of you.

No worries Aloha, you made my day!!!!

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
I am just surprised that they didn't check his insurance before letting him in! Thats the first thing these places want is their money up front! Steve

1 - 16 of 16 Posts