Trapshooters Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With all the shortages we load what we can find and I have been loading with Cheddite 209 sinceI ran out of Winchester and Reminton in the summer.

I have noticed that my MEC900 has had almost no primer feeding problems since the change.

Out of courisity I weighed all three. Here is what I found:
Winchester 14.7gn
Remington STS 14.7gn
Cheddite 13.3gn.

Could the 10% lighter Cheddites be the driver of metter realibilty?

·
Premium Member
871 Posts
I have noticed that my MEC900 has had almost no primer feeding problems since the change.
I noticed the same thing when I switched from W209 to Cheddites in my old MEC-650. I went from having 4 or 5 W209s fail to drop every hundred shells to almost never seeing one fail to drop with Cheddites. Don't know exactly why - could be overall length, could be the coating on the flash hole side makes them feed against the plastic cover more easily. Regardless of the cause, exactly the same observation on a 40 year old machine.

·
Registered
299 Posts
I have the same issue with W209 in my 9000 Hydraulic hanging up, but Nobel Sports work perfect.

Nothing worse than a primer not falling into second position and realizing it AFTER the powder has fallen through the hull and into the primer seat🙄

·
Registered
17,177 Posts
I have no primer feeding problems with any of the primers I have used. However, I have had a few maladjustments to periodically correct over the years:
The drop tube should be almost touching the rotor.
You can align the drop tube by bending the mounting bracket.
Spring and chain should give a nice solid pull on the arm.
If the plate is sticky, a little car wax is great.

HM

1 - 13 of 13 Posts