Trapshooters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK Ammo is in short supply ( something we all know ) but, with that being the case , I am wondering what will happen to the school and youth teams. I know many coaches are wondering about the up coming season. It will be sad if the youngsters cannot compete this year. I have a friend from IN. who winters here in FL. He helps coach a couple of youth teams. The guy he works with with the teams orders the ammo for the year by the pallet loads. This year he can't find any. He had been ordering from Fiocchi. He was told by Fiocchi last fall that by the end of March or early April, they would be caught up and things would get back to normal however, when that did not happen he called them. He says they won't even TALK to him now ! I am wondering what king of help can be provided for the youth teams ? These kids are a big part of the Trapshooting future. Surely there must be some way for the shippers of ammo to help them in some way ! Could the ammo makers set aside just SOME ammo for this ??! I love the fact so many youth are interested now. I would hate to see them sidelined. this season ! 馃槙

Registered
The kids on our teams provide their own shells, and were warned while there were still shells available to get theirs.
On a positive note, the 4 paks are now staying on the shelf for a few days at work. Win. white box 12 ga and Federal 4 pk. Trap & Field loads. (3 dr. 1 1/8 7 1/2's)

Registered
OK Ammo is in short supply ( something we all know ) but, with that being the case , I am wondering what will happen to the school and youth teams. I know many coaches are wondering about the up coming season. It will be sad if the youngsters cannot compete this year. I have a friend from IN. who winters here in FL. He helps coach a couple of youth teams. The guy he works with with the teams orders the ammo for the year by the pallet loads. This year he can't find any. He had been ordering from Fiocchi. He was told by Fiocchi last fall that by the end of March or early April, they would be caught up and things would get back to normal however, when that did not happen he called them. He says they won't even TALK to him now ! I am wondering what king of help can be provided for the youth teams ? These kids are a big part of the Trapshooting future. Surely there must be some way for the shippers of ammo to help them in some way ! Could the ammo makers set aside just SOME ammo for this ??! I love the fact so many youth are interested now. I would hate to see them sidelined. this season ! 馃槙
In order to help out, I donate at least 5 flats of shells to the SCTP Director in my state each year. Looks like I may have to do more this year.

Registered
I have our teams order placed with Vista/federal but have not received them yet. We are keeping our fingers crossed. I have noticed a decline in the kids shooting practice rounds on their own this spring. The season starts in 3 weeks. Hopefully we鈥檒l see the ammo and more kids/families at the club before then.

Premium Member
Krieghoff K80
This is so sad. The kids are the future for our shooting sports.

Banned
I can't imagine how many childhoods have been ruined by China Virus in so many ways. These kids are screwed. They are going to think that this is how well-adjusted, normal people live.

I can't wait to see what atrocities lay in store for us when they come of age.

Registered
my son is in a youth program and thankfully the club is selling flats for $65 and $2 rounds. I'm pretty happy with that.

Previously, I was scouring Walmarts and checking Bass Pro everyday online for the Herters target ammo (which has gone way up now but was $60/flat and free shipping). When I mentioned to another parent about having trouble getting ammo, they mentioned to check with the club. I had always assumed they'd be really high, but like I said, I'm perfectly fine with $65 flats.

Now I just need to find the $3k Perazzi MX8's I keep reading about for him. :D

Will we see any of your youth at the Southern Grand next weekend?

Registered
my son is in a youth program and thankfully the club is selling flats for $65 and $2 rounds. I'm pretty happy with that.

Previously, I was scouring Walmarts and checking Bass Pro everyday online for the Herters target ammo (which has gone way up now but was $60/flat and free shipping). When I mentioned to another parent about having trouble getting ammo, they mentioned to check with the club. I had always assumed they'd be really high, but like I said, I'm perfectly fine with $65 flats.

Now I just need to find the $3k Perazzi MX8's I keep reading about for him. :D

Will we see any of your youth at the Southern Grand next weekend?

where's this club at?

Registered
Ammo is really tight here in middle Tennessee. My sons middle school trap team has ammo on order, hoping it gets here in the next 30 days...

Good thing I was smurfing shells whenever I could get them over a year ago. Wife thought I was nuts for doing it at the time, but she now realizes I am a stone cold genious.馃槈

Now, I simply try to replace whatever my son shoots and try to keep even.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.