Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
on this planet. He is not only extremely knowledgeable and fair he is a gentleman to boot. I am sure excited about his move to east Texas.
Joe

·
Vendor
2,067 Posts
hjohn,

I agree Phillip is a very talented 'smith with fair prices and as nice of a guy as you could meet.

Please tell us more about his move, he has been in Emory TX for several years now.

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
He is currently working on one of my Model 12s, installing a new chamber ring and barrel adjuster sleeve. I'm really looking forward to getting the gun back.
He did some trigger work on my son's side by side and did an amazing job.

He is a great guy to do business with.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Just got my 1100 back with one of his releases a few weeks ago...Top shelf for sure.
Yesterday I had Dan look at my TM1 at the Perazzi bld/CC and he had the gun smiths replace some much needed parts...next stop Phillip to get some creep out of some other guy's work.
In fact it was another gun smith at the Ohio state shoot that told me he was the one to send it to

Update. That's if Norbet/Zoli does not have enough time to work on it while he's at the CC.

·
Registered
8,006 Posts
That is what makes the world go around, people having different views on the same subject.
I do not know this gunsmith and am quite sure he is very good but for a Perrazi you just cannot beat Giacomo's.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Phil has done work for me 3 or 4 times. He is one of the best. If it is not right, he will make it right.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Doug Braker(The Gun Dr.) did internals/built up locking block 3 years ago on my tm 1.I will stick with him,because his costs are fair.I am sure there quite a few Perazzi Gunsmiths that do a nice job at various costs,but I will stay loyal to someone who treated me fair until they don't.

joe

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
on this planet. He is not only extremely knowledgeable and fair he is a gentleman to boot. I am sure excited about his move to east Texas.
Joe
my new CG Challenger is at phillips now getting double releases, wouldn't send it anywhere else.
jack mc

·
Premium Member
6,664 Posts
Doug Braker(The Gun Dr.) did internals/built up locking block 3 years ago on my tm 1.I will stick with him,because his costs are fair.I am sure there quite a few Perazzi Gunsmiths that do a nice job at various costs,but I will stay loyal to someone who treated me fair until they don't.

Second Dr Gun he did a great job on a 90T I sent him. Very fair prices for hes work. Dave joe

·
Registered
507 Posts
Phillip Crenwelge is not merely a "Bread and Butter" gunsmith. He can, and will do, things most gunsmiths would not even consider. And he does them very well. Case in point is the release trigger he did for me this year. There was absolutely no one who would tackle this job. He did, and it works great!

As far as his business attitude goes... when I asked him if he could do it, he said "yea, I'll figure it out", when I asked him a price he said "around $250". A few months later I get a notice from UPS that I have a package coming. It's from Phillips Gunsmithing. I call him and ask what kind of money I should send him and he says: "I forget, it's in the package. Try it and let me know if there is a problem". I tried it and it works like a dream! Oh yea, the bill was $200.

I'll post a picture, and give a hint: it's not a perazzi, and it's not even a 12 gauge.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 24 Posts