Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
25 years :)

In August I got back from a fishing trip in Northern New Mexico, and I was beat (click link above) .

I was only walking in knee deep water, but it really worked me. Then I went to see my dad in the old folk's home, and I saw the future (and it wasn't pretty).

I weighed 228, could do ONE pushup, and felt like $#&%. I started walking, and doing some simple exercises. Then I started cutting back on the crap I ate. Don't get me wrong, I still eat the same crap, just less of it.

I was at the doctor on Tuesday and weighed 211, my cholesterol was 176, and my BP was 106/66.

The doc said I only had 30 more pounds to go. (I didn't have the heart to tell him I weighed more than 180 when I was in high school).

I'm living proof it can be done, it's not easy, but it can be done.

407383774.jpg

·
Registered
6,230 Posts
Good for you, man. I respect anyone who finds a way to turn back the clock a bit. Because it certainly ain't easy.

-Gary

·
Registered
3,398 Posts
Good for you. I've decided to start back jogging. I average walking 4 miles a day with the dog. That's okay, but it isn't giving me much of a cardio workout. I have been cutting wood the last 2 days and splitting with a maul and I'm winded. Need to give the heart more of a workout.

Congrats to your success, keep it up.

·
Registered
671 Posts
Last time I did 25 push-ups was more than 40 yrs ago in the army. LOL

Congrats, and good luck on the next 30 lbs

·
Registered
21,600 Posts
Great job!!!

I've been walking and working out myself regularly(almost daily) now for about 5 months. I know how hard it is to get it going and then stick with it. I have found that the days I don't feel like doing it are the days I need it most. I dropped 11 lbs. pretty quick after starting but have been stuck there ever since. I guess its time to evaluate my eating habits. I like food a lot.

·
Molon Labe
11,993 Posts
Good job, I sure need to get back into a better lifestyle

In 2003 I lost 85 LBS in 90 days, my oncologist told me if I didn't he couldn't nuke me because the radiation would have killed me, I did it but it was a biatch, the only problem is I have gained some of it back

1 - 8 of 8 Posts