Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 84 Posts

·
Banned
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m going to buy a new BT-99 right now unless someone tells me it’s not a good deal.

It’s$1099 at a local sporting good store. It’s not showing up on their web page.

I saw it this morning while buying ammo. Went to the range and tried my friend’s BT99.
Feels as good as the Citori 725 Trap I been borrowing.

It’s affordable today. Or. Wait til Christmas.

·
Premium Member
5,557 Posts
Why would any shooting sport enthusiasts tell another not to buy a gun! That's just crazy talk! Buy it! One can never have enough shotguns!

·
Administrator
8,659 Posts
A BT 99 is a great platform to get started in the sport. I picked up a BT 99 for my oldest grandson so he could shoot league and we put a gracoil recoil reduction unit on it--some carlson's choke tubes and never looked back.

He has a great time and the usual phone call from him is that the Browning is staring at him and needs to go to the gun club.

·
Registered
575 Posts
It’s a great gun and will give you good service. Price is very reasonable, and you have my permission to purchase.

·
Banned
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
They took off another 5% military discount because friend that’s with me was in the Air Force. Lol. I can’t complain at all about the gun or the price. It’s MINE as soon as this background check is done.
I thank everyone that answered here and every other noob thread I started and asked really noob questions.
Now, I will enjoy, practice, post some more stupid stuff I’m sure and plan on buying that $Unobtainable$.

·
Banned
2,711 Posts
You did well. Browning stands behind their products despite no written warranty. If you ever do have a problem, and you probably won't, send it to Arts, Midwest or Jim Eyster. I believe they are all Browning factory authorized warranty centers. You will get a better turnaround time and the work is just as good.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Remember the number one rule in buying a firearm. Buy as much gun as you can afford, if you don't like it you can always sell it! Congratulations on a BT 99. Great gun.

·
Banned
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Delayed...............I will not rant about it.
I will still have to borrow tomorrow.
I will not rant about the delay. I’m a grown man. I’ll have it no later than next Friday.

I’m not going to rant.

·
Premium Member
662 Posts
While you are not ranting, be sure you are up tp speed on cleaning and lubing the BT-99.
A new one will be very tight, and should be cleaned and lubed before first use and after each session.
Any grease will do, if you don't have some now, buy a small overpriced tube from the dealer with the gun.
It will last decades with simple care and lube, but you can also mess up a new one in a weekend running it dry, especially when new.

·
Banned
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks Boxo53. I’ll YouTube cleaning it for a week while I’m waiting and not ranting. Lol.
Am I the only one capable of not ranting when they are delayed. I get delayed about every 3rd time. You’d think they’d get it right. I have a common name, maybe that plays a factor. Oops, starting to rant. Lol.

·
Premium Member
1,162 Posts
Buy it.... you’re rich, right?

·
Registered
3,372 Posts
In Illinois you wait 3 days, don't matter who you are. Pritzker just invoked that rule a while back because, well you know, he cares about safe gun ownership. Big time ATA supporter. (LOL)

1 - 20 of 84 Posts