Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife drives a hyundai accent and it recently refused to run. It will start easily and then die. We took it to a shop were they replaced the fuel filter, fuel pump., and various senors. The computer doesnot show what is wrong. any body have similar problems. thanks stu

·
Premium Member
11,728 Posts
Umm, I could be wrong but I don't think cars have had vented gas caps since the 80's. Hydrocarbon emissions control.

·
Registered
309 Posts
GN7777777, spoken like a person who has money to burn. Take your car to someone who knows someone in the shop at the dealer. He will call and find out what to do. It will cost you less then the dealer.

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
I thought that line of cars had a 10yr 100,000 mile warranty ... seems to me if it is already out of the warranty it might be time for a new car.

·
Registered
16,617 Posts
Go to Auto zone and have it scanned. They will not erase a code, but will read it and tell you what it says. Then call the dealership and talk to the service advisor. Sometimes they will let you talk to a line mechanic.

If you can replace a part yourself, the code should go away if you disconnect the battery and hok it back up after 5 minutes.

Works on my wife's Kia, made by the same company.

HM

·
Registered
9,982 Posts
1 gallon of 93 octane ...liberally doused on interior....1 lit match thrown inside...close door and run away fast....call insurance co. ...ALL FIXED!!...now go buy a Ford!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.