Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Has anyone hydro dipped wood forearms and/or precision fit stocks? My teen shooter wants her half wood/half precision fit stock to "look more girly".

·
Registered
3,241 Posts
i had a wood forearm done by K&K Kustomz and it came out great, the wood will get sanded down and get a base coat applied

·
Registered
411 Posts
I have a forearm pfs grip and comb being done right now. Had the whole gun cerakoted along with the pfs stock as well. Should turn out pretty good. I will post pics when it is completed.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I had my stock done about 5 years ago, the guy that did it filled in the checkering and then primed and painted it before hydro dipping it. After he dipped it He sprayed it with automotive clear coat giving it a high gloss look. It has held up great.
Have your daughter Google hydro dipping and she will find all sorts of patterns to choose from.
Darrell.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
skippyd,

After filling in the checkering and applying the new finish, were there new provisions for grip applied?

·
Registered
79 Posts
No he left it smooth and I never have had an issue gripping the gun even in the rain. At our local gun show there was a hydro dip vendor that had a couple of stocks there that he dipped right over the checkering so there was still some grip left.
Darrell

·
Registered
407 Posts
Has anyone hydro dipped wood forearms and/or precision fit stocks? My teen shooter wants her half wood/half precision fit stock to "look more girly".
check out H2O imaging site. good job and fast service a couple years ago-would use again

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
+1 for H2O Imaging, they've done 3 for me right over the checkering. After several years of sporting and skeet I cannot find a spot that's chipped.

Pat

·
Registered
3,852 Posts
I know a Team Krieghoff shooter who had one of his stocks dipped with a camp pattern. I can't recall if he had the forend wood done.

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
I had the forearm and butt stock of a 303 dipped at H2O. It came out beautiful, kind of a red and yellow snake skin design.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I’m having my black Super black Eagle 2 cerakoted to look like this as we speak. Hydro graphics isn’t the only way to have a wood grain type pattern.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 33 Posts