Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If your want to add hydraulic power to your reloading press on the cheap I have just what you need. I have a continuous duty, 1/2HP, John S Barnes Hydraulic pump and a Bimba double acting 500 series cylinder. These components were spec'd to be able to run your reloading press all day long with no troubles. The only thing you will need is some mounting hardware, some hoses/fittings and a valve.

A new hydraulic system from Spolar would cost you $1,295+tax+shipping! You can be well on your way for $400 shipped to your door! Pictures below and even more in the link above.

IMG_20140112_095156_zpsffd3x8s0.jpg

IMG_20140112_094955_zpsrddtyhfn.jpg

·
Premium Member
1,861 Posts
I'm puzzled. Where do you connect the hoses from the cylinder to the pump? I see 1 obvious fitting on top of the pump. Where would the other one be located?

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
David, yes the pump housing needs to be rotated. This pump was purchased used and was probably mounted horizontally. It's only a small matter of removing the four bolts, rotating the housing and then replacing the bolts.

Yes, you connect the pump to the cylinder in the threaded ports of the cylinder underneath the plastic caps.

·
Registered
3,280 Posts
It looks like a by-directional line pump as used by MEC and the cylinder looks like a positive displacement used by PW.

I'm not sure they would work together? Maybe someone with more information could respond?

Ajax

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Right next to the single connection on the pump you see is a plug. I have taken it out and taken another picture. I also have turned the reservoir housing so the fill plug is in the upward direction.

IMG_20140115_212605_zpsfjwzqtw9.jpg

1 - 17 of 17 Posts