Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have an opinion, pro or con, about the Rad IIa recoil device? Appreciate any thoughts. Thanks ahead of time. Stu

·
Registered
21,600 Posts
Have one on my Beretta 682. I love it. Easy to adjust LOP as well as the recoil dampening. Pad adjusts vertically as well as horizontally. It does make the gun more butt stock heavy but I have found the added weight only adds to the recoil reduction. Good reliable system. I am sure the PFS is better but the price for a PFS is more than double and the RAD IIa works as advertised.

I also have a Gracoil on my backup gun a Browning BT99. It works great as well however I prefer the RAD.

RAD IIa on right. Gracoil w/adjustable LOP on left.

grntitan_2009_2503338.jpg

·
Registered
21,600 Posts
Gary,

Not true of the RAD II though. It does not change the recoil stroke when making dampening adjustments.

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
Not true of my Bump-Buster either. And it has the shortest stroke of any recoil reduction system available.

Ken Rucker..Speedbump Stockworks

·
Lifes too short not to shoot a K-80...
561 Posts
I recommend the soft touch system..the comb doesnt slide on your face. I have one for 8-9 years now...its a proven winner.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Stock Adjuster (Add-a-Rib) makes a recoil system the also moves the comb with the pad. I do not have one, but the price is certainly right. < $300. Mike

·
Registered
2,106 Posts
benchrest_2009_071064.jpg

It isn't hydraulic, spring operated from 14- 94 lbs. On sale for $250 plus shipping. Its called the CIRIS system. Thank you Joe 631 319 6959

1 - 8 of 8 Posts