Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone know if these can be rebuilt, if so, where can parts be found?

Thank you,

Matt Nicol

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
You probably need new seals. I would call Mec and get an idea what it would cost. You can take the cylinder off and only ship it instead of the whole machine.

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
This guy says he rebuilds them:

Subject: MEC HYDRALIC CLY REPAIRED FIRST AND SECOND DES
Email: [email protected]
Date: Thu, Sep 10, 2009 - 06:43 AM ET
Website Address:

I'M NOW OFFERING THE REBUILDING OF THE MEC HYDRAULIC UNITS, IT CAN BE THE BLACK FIRST DES WITH NO CAPS OR THE SECOND DES WITH CAP ON BOTH ENDS. I CAN REBUILD THEM BOTH AND HAVE PARTS IN STOCK. 40.00 + RETURN SHIPPING. IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS DON'T HESITATE TO CALL 423-743-9233

THANKS LEE

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
More info:

MEC Hydraulic Cylinder rebuild

QTY -- Part Number -- Description

2 ----- 2020 ---- O-Ring

1 ----- 8860 ---- Seal 1" Polypack (Piston)

1 ----- 8858 ---- Seal 1/2 Polypak

1 ----- 8765 ---- O-Ring

This is the "package" of parts I order to rebuild the rebuildable cylinders. Ron said it does help if you have the numbers, otherwise they have to find them in the computer. I did not ask the new price, the price in Feb. was $16.50 plus Shipping. Total $22.00 Glad I could help, just wasn't sure anyone else would be interested.

Ajax

Subject: MEC Hydraulic Cylinder replace or rebuild???
Email:
Date: Fri, Aug 29, 2008 - 04:21 PM ET
Website Address:

Just a little note, you will have to take the little adjustable valve out of it and watch out for the spring from hell when you unscrew the top.

Jim

Subject: MEC Hydraulic Cylinder replace or rebuild???
Email:
Date: Sun, Oct 12, 2008 - 09:36 PM ET
Website Address:

I just replaced the seals for a friend last week. His 9000H was seeping a little through the top. Gordy, one of the Mec techs went through it with me first to avoid problems. I ended up calling him again as I put the little seal in upside down. It really was easier than I expected, thanks to Gordy's advice.

·
Registered
146 Posts
I run a Hyd repair shop. Rebuilt mine two weeks ago. If you give me until Monday night I can give you the part numbers of the seals you need.
2 polypak style seals and 2 orings about a 10 min job once out of the press

1 - 8 of 8 Posts