Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday, took the Son-in-law out for the first time. He's from Florida/North Carolina.

It was another boring hunt. Picked up the key from the landowner at 7:45 and had the deer on the ground by 9. Hanging in the garage by 12:30
I did manage to impress the kid. He was amazed at the country. He called them "hallers" or some such thing. We call them collee or ravine. What they really are, are river breaks on the Missouri.

Nice 4 point that never knew what hit him. Should be some good eating meat.

Rick in MT

·
Registered
3,158 Posts
Used to hunt around Square Butte, Geraldine - My son took his first deer there.

·
Premium Member
276 Posts
Congratulations Rik. What a great way to show your son-in-law all of the treasures of the "last Best Place". Now take him out to the club to shoot some clays

Looking forward to shooting with you in the Spring. Are you going to Tucson?

Tafford

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Tafford, I have already taken him to shoot clays. He could be good, kind of a natural. But, with 3 kids, gonna be tough to find the time and money to shoot.

I may do Tucson this year, the wife hasn't told me yet. good luck with the new gun.

Rick in MT

·
Registered
847 Posts
Good on ya ric3677. Did lots around Jordan and Sand Springs with my son when we lived in Missoula. Great country, good times and scary as hell when the B-52's flew over from Malstrom. They couldn't a been 500 feet off the deck. The cattle never even flinched. Me, I had my tail in my mouth looking for a place to hide.

It was harvesting, not hunting......lots of available tags for deer and antelope. Great memories. Enjoy, the times, they don't last forever........

Ernie....in AZ

·
Premium Member
2,512 Posts
Ric,

I started another post a few days ago. I am looking for a place to bowhunt antelope. Noticed you might have a huntable population ? If so, please pm me with contact information. I am trying to plan a hunt for next September.

Thanks in advance

Amboy49

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Trevor, No. I didn't.

So what's up with that?

Gary, I have only been to NC twice. Both times to work on my daughters house. Then I told her no more. That's when she decided to come up here. Smart girl.
Got it from her Mom.

Amboy, the Antelope herds up here are a thing of the past because of Blue tongue or whatever. They were decimated. Going to take some time to build them back up. I would give it two or three years. They have cut way back on tags.
Bow hunters have better chance of getting a tag and more places to hunt.

·
Registered
992 Posts
Rick, I have hunted with release trigger guys, some can pull the trigger and some can't. I was in a goose blind this fall and a friend of mine fell off his pail and then fell back into the blind and just about landed outside the blind. No one said a word and we just keep shooting. I asked him later what happened and I can not repeat what he said. The flinch is a BAD thing. Trevor Dawe

1 - 9 of 9 Posts