Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Banned
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The deadliest duck&goose sneak boat ever made.Hand made Nellist scull boat,used in the bays & lagoons of Northern calif. for 50 years.will sell for 2000.00,local pickup only.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Hey Shannon Those ain,t oars. One,s me wife the other one,s me mother in law. Great boat. Knew a carver in N.J. who sculled-deadly. Gunned with a guy in nor. Ohio who built 1 and 2 man glass layout boats. Also pretty deadly .Hope your great boat sells. Shoot well and be safe Bob.

·
Registered
4,468 Posts
Lighten up guy, just adding a little Saturday humor and bumping your post to the top.

I Spent a lot of time in layout boats on lake Erie. Yours is one of the finest I've seen.

·
Banned
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
For those that do not know about these boats.They are made to lay on the bottom to hide from birds.Then you scull into gun range on open water while the are rafted up. I have been as close as 5'. Works best on sunny calm days. Thanks Loyd

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Someone still knows how to scull? Amazing... And yes, I've fired a "punt" or skiffing gun. A friend of mine had a collection of English made "market guns". I grew up in the marshes of Maryland's Eastern Shore duck hunting. My home overlooks some of those same marshes I just about lived in with my A5 during my youth. How I loved those days.....

·
Registered
3,718 Posts
You ain't been cold 'till you've been scull boat hunting on Pool 13 in November
Had to wear waders, they all leaked some. Worked best on Mallards, you could chase Blubills all over the Pool and never get close enough for a shot!

·
Registered
14,684 Posts
Have used a 2 man scull on Rondeau Bay Ontario many times. Up there the Bluebills were easier than the Redheads or Cans. Then they lost nearly all their wild celery in the bay.

I preferred blind hunting, but it does get exciting.

·
Banned
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
This boat is a 2man, it does not leak,stays dry till it raines. sculling is the ultimate chase for ducks. There is nothing like glassing ducks from 1000 yards,then jumping & picking out your bird to shoot at 25 yards. Its a labor of love. Thanks Loyd

·
Premium Member
12,278 Posts
WS-1,

You mean this??

1 - 20 of 32 Posts