Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What hulls that we reload these days have the paper base wad? If you load these types 1 time, does it reduce the risk of a stuck wad in the barrel, or are you at risk from 1 reload?

·
Registered
4,338 Posts
fly:

Estates are another example.

Because Estates and Top Guns are so abundant, I only load them once. I don't consider reloading them a risky venture.

sissy

·
Registered
227 Posts
A lot of guys at our club reload them many times. I have only seen once where someone had a separation problem and I believe that was because he was using AA style wads instead of a federal clone. The federal top guns are a straight walled case and you have to use a straight walled wad like federal or you will get too much powder burn up the side of the case making the case walls week causing the problem of separation.

Dave

·
Supporting Vendor
5,498 Posts
All Federal Top Guns have a fiber base wad.

Some Estates have fiber base wads and some have a plastic base wad.

Some Fiocchi hulls have a fiber base wad and some have plastic.

I load Top Guns and Fiocchis up to three times.

Jim Skeel

·
Registered
4,338 Posts
Jim Skeel:

Good catch. Estates with the plastic base wad were manufactured by Cheddite. After Federal bought the Estate brand several years ago, the base wad was changed to the cardboard (actually wound paper) version.

I haven't seen an old Cheddite made Estate for some time but we shouldn't assume data is interchangable between the two.

sissy

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.