Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought I would post up a few pictures of my project I did today. I made two of these hoppers out of 3/8" plywood. I was originally using a cardboard box, but they were getting flimsy. Since the weather is not conducive to shooting I though I would work on a few things to make reloading easier.

I think I may remake these from a nicer plywood with stain ready wood instead of the cheap plywood.

Bryan

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
thats looks great! if i were to make one it would have to be tig welded and out of steel.. when it comes to wood i cant make a birdhouse..

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the kudos guys.

Matt, it will hold 1000 wads and about 300-500 hulls.

Bryan

·
Premium Member
11,849 Posts
Very nice. I did essentially the same thing out of a couple of cardboard boxes. Not as sturdy as what you've done.

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I am working on the diemensions give me a little time. Basically it is 10"X10"X16".

Bryan

·
Premium Member
10,398 Posts
nice

You might consider "torching" stripes on it with a propane torch and then staining

Regards from Iowa

Gene

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Gene that is a good idea, but this plywood is the lower grade. I had to wear gloves to handle it to prevent splinters in my hand and fingers. I need to use coarse sandpaper and knock it all down. More than likely I will paint it.

Bryan

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Ok, I did not know this thread was so old and that I had said I was going to post up demensions, my apologies. Then I come to find out there are pictures of something completely different.

I will take more photos of the hopper I made and post them up, in the meantime here are the demnetions of my current hopper. It will hold 1000 wads and around 300-500 hulls. Again I am sorry for the long delay.

Bryan

calkidd_2008_030312.jpg

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Ray, never gave it any thought of making a kit to assemble, but that is a good idea. Now that I have posted up the demnesions I guess there is no real need unless there are those who don't have the tools to make it.

Bryan

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.