Trapshooters Forum banner

hull opinion

1722 Views 7 Replies 6 Participants Last post by  USSR
I was sorting though a bucket of hulls I scrounged at the club today and came up with a couple hundred Winchester steel based hulls below. The universal and super target hull appear identical to regular AA HS hulls with the white plastic base wad. The super X is marked steel shot and the base wad is about a third as high in the hull (comes up about as high as the steel base). Are any of these worth reloading? Would the same data apply as AA HS hulls? Opinions or suggestions would be appreciated. Normal 1oz load with AA hulls is:

win 209 primer
17.1 gn of titewad
CB-1100-12 wad

Thanks...................

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Premium Member
8,110 Posts
Are any of them "worth" reloading? The Universal and Super Targets are probably the best of the lot. The one on right, the Super Target I'm guess, look like it has -0- crimp memory to the plastic and might give you crimping problems. The steel shot hull likely is a standard Reifenhauser hull and will load like a Federal, Rio or Fiocchi. For the Universal and Super Targets, use AAHS data.

· Registered
296 Posts
The universal and super target hull appear identical to regular AA HS hulls with the white plastic base wad.
They are identical to the AA HS hulls, although made with cheaper material. I reloaded a bunch of the super target hulls and universal hulls. Three or four reloads then tossed them.

Don

· Registered
858 Posts
If you shoot an autoloader, the Universal and Super Target hulls can be reloaded once or twice and "let fly". Several years ago I had access to a barrel of once-fired Estate hulls. I loaded them once and shot them during winter league matches. -Ed

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.