Trapshooters Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was given a few hundred of these hulls at the club this afternoon. Was going to try reloading them for a one and done . Loading either 700x or titewad powder with 1 oz payload. Cant find any information on the Hodgdon site. They look like they have a short plastic base wad but says Canada on the head stamp so not sure are they tapered or straight walled for wad choices? Are they even worth the bother to figure out a load? Anyone with any experience with these I would appreciate the input..................
Drinkware Liquid Fluid Cylinder Cup Bottle cap Motor vehicle Badge Wood Gas

Attachments

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Those are Challengers, I have alway just tossed them. They are Euro trash imported to Canada. I am not sure they might be assembled in Da Great North but I have shot 1000s of them and the box says made in France.

·
Registered
4,399 Posts
I've loaded and shot 200 of them using Claybuster's CB 6100-12 wad, a Federal 209A primer, 18 grains of Clay Dot and an ounce of shot. You'll find that data on the link Nebs posted. I've scrounged another 200 or so but can't load them (or anything else) because I'm out of shot.

FWIW, the Claybuster data calls for various Alliant powders. There's ZERO data for 700X, Titewad or any other powders.

sissy

PS: I liked them. I even shot a box for practice from the 26 yard line.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you to everyone for the feedback. Since there is only data available for alliant powder (I Have none left) and I have no wads for straight walled hulls I think I will pass on these. I appreciate the information.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I load the federal hulls but have no experience with the Cheddite hulls. However in my experience I have loaded 17.5 grains 700x with a Cheddite primer, cb6100 wad with 1oz of shot in federal hulls and they shoot quite nicely

·
Registered
33,705 Posts
People are miss-applying the Cheddite brand name to hulls not compression formed. I stole this from another site, posted by a person who goes by “Crown Grade.”

“Reifenhauser is not a brand of hull or a manufacturer, it is a type of hull. All straight wall/parallel hulls are Reifenhauser. There are basicly 2 types of hulls, one piece "Compression formed", straight wall separate base wad hulls, "Reifenhauser". However there are a few hybrids, the AAHS is kind of a parallel wall hull with a more or less compression formed base wad in it making is similar to both is many ways. The other is the "Gordon" style hull. It has a base wad that squashes supposedly making them shoot softer. The remainder of the hull is indeed straight wall Reifenhauser design.”

——————————-

“It's named after Reifenhäuser, a German manufacturer of plastics molding machinery which developed the first successful process in the 1950's for extruding plastic into tubes with the tensile strength to withstand the heat and pressure of shotshells.”

———————————
Some additional reading, but cannot vouch for writer’s credentials or the technical accuracy of his statements.

Perhaps it Is easier to spell Chedditte than it is Reifenhauser. As Crown Grade said, not all tissue paper is Kleenex.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts