Trapshooters Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
2,414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well all I can say is the weather was great. Sunny and temps that started in the mid 20s and rising to the mid 30s with a light south wind. That light wind comes up a draw then hits a 20 foot wall that really affects the birds on the traps we used so if your score wasn't what you thought it should be don't feel bad. Top score for the day was Dennis Mink with a 46 and the last shooter of the day Bob Meyer with a 45. I would like to thank Jimmy Bowen and Scott Steffen from MGC for helping us pull off a great shoot. Also would like to thank my two sons Riley and Reed for volunteering to pull and score for us, my wife Nikki and Keith Hanson for doing sign ups. We had shooters from all over show up one from
Park Falls WI and another from Winona MN. I thank every one for showing up and making it a great day.
25s were hard to come by with only three of them and Jimmy Bowen shot two of those along with Dennis Mink.
Two hams gone we then dropped to the 24s to hand out the next 8 hams.
Congratulations to Dan Frye, Austin Visnor, Tom Lewic, Scott Steffen, Colton Langer, Scott Messenger, Sam Baily and Dave Mansell Some times its better to be lucky than good.
We are hoping to have some type of food at the next one.
For those of you that weren't around to collect your prize we will be having Jackpot Shoots the first Sunday of every month then in April is the big pay out shoot so make sure you shoot at least four times before the April shoot.

1st Class
Dennis Mink 46
Bob Meyer 45

2nd Class
Jeff Stingl 42
Nick Johnson 42

3rd Class
Roger Lemke 39
Grace Mansell 39

4th Class
Daryll Olson 37
Dylan Matter 37

5th Class
Daryll Boucher 34
Tony Brand 34

6th Class
Grace Mansell 30
Dave Lassen 30

· Registered
6,249 Posts
Baking my ham as I type this.
Thanks Bob, for putting on a good shoot. Guys, Bob was running around so much getting things done, he didn't put on a coat all day! The wind did start to play hell with the targets, but they were set correctly, as I helped Bob set them. (you can take the boy out of the Trap, but you can't take the trap out of the boy!) And thank you, Jimmy and Scott, for helping with figuring scores and keeping things copacetic. While waiting for that straggler shooting at the end, (Bob) everyone was having a great time in the clubhouse, watching their team win, (Vikings) or start out strong, (Packers) munching on goose meat sticks and catching up with old friends and, at least in my case, meeting some new ones.
I look forward to the next one.

· Premium Member
1,546 Posts
Bob, for putting on your 1st Jackpot shoot and the amount of shooters that participated, you, your son's, your wife, and the others involved with the shoot....you did an OUTSTANDING job !!

The squads were one after the other and little to no down time on the trap fields. You had the target loaders in the trap house while a squad was shooting and that helped a lot.

EVERYBODY in the clubhouse was friendly and made you feel welcome. You have a great club there.

I'm looking forward to the next one, hopefully the weather will be as nice.

Jimmy Bowen

· Registered
12 Posts
Bob, for putting on your 1st Jackpot shoot and the amount of shooters that participated, you, your son's, your wife, and the others involved with the shoot....you did an OUTSTANDING job !!

The squads were one after the other and little to no down time on the trap fields. You had the target loaders in the trap house while a squad was shooting and that helped a lot.

EVERYBODY in the clubhouse was friendly and made you feel welcome. You have a great club there.

I'm looking forward to the next one, hopefully the weather will be as nice.

Jimmy Bowen

· Registered
2,414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
We just started holding them,its been awhile
Sorry if you didn't get a email.
If you go to our website there is a email request area some place on there. Then you would get all the event emails.
If you would like I can add you to the list of Jackpot emails only. PM me.
I will posting up coming Jackpots in the event section.
Next one is February 7

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.