Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
7,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With my new gun I had to drasticlly change my hold points. My new gun swings and accelerates so quickly I had to go to a way lower hold point & bring my hold point inside the corners on stations 1 & 5. If I went to a high hold I would swing past the target & if I would hold outside the house I would again swing past the target. Now the question, I slowed down the release on my trigger. If I speed it up do you think I can get back to the high hold. Got about 3000 rds thru the new gun. I like the idea of a high hold, very little gun movement.

Lou

·
Registered
316 Posts
I would try adding weight to the front of the gun to slow it down and keep my high hold. High hold = small move = small margin of error. Your not the only guy who has been forced to add weight to slow a new gun down, or to get the barrel heavy in the front so that the gun will respond correctly to your initial push to the bird. Just ask Harlan. Todd

·
Registered
468 Posts
The speed of your release trigger is what detirmines your lead. Sounds like speeding it up might well help in this situation. Post-2

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.