Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I pulled it apart again to compare to a BT-99 with standard pull trigger and discovered i was mistaken. It has a Danials release trigger.

I just purchased a used BT-99 and when cleaning it all up I discovered it has a release trigger set up. This one is for my kid so I want to convert it back to pull. any help would be appriciated.

Mike

·
Registered
21,599 Posts
Have Phillip Crenwelge do it. He made it. I believe he charges $50 to convert back.

Phillip's Gunsmithing<br>

314A W. LENNON DR.<br>
#223<br>
EMORY , TX 75440 <br>
Phone: 210-313-5988 <br>
E-Mail: [email protected]<br>

·
Registered
4,880 Posts
The trigger safety, is what is usually made into the hook for a release trigger.

It is not a hard part to replace.

Al

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Looking at it, it looks like a very easy trigger assy. I just don't know what parts I'd need to convert it. I don't really want to send the gun away unless I have to.

Mike

·
Registered
687 Posts
I have done them by grinding the HOOK off with a dremel. I don't know how Phil does his but sometimes the hook can just be removed (I have a 3200 with a timmey that I can switch back and forth) You might give Phil a call He is the kind of guy that will give you the information you need. A good release trigger like Phil's is worth close to $200.00 so I would try and save it if you can.

·
Strong Supporter of Trapshooting
4,727 Posts
I you post a pic of it, I bet I could walk you through it.

I've installed and removed many ocwer the years. Depending on the type, it could be as easy as removing the two upper screws holdiing the upper block.

WW

·
Registered
189 Posts
If it is a older 34 in full I might be interested in buying it from you. Then you could buy your son one with a pull trigger.

Jkg

·
Banned
3,402 Posts
On most BT99 the best thing is to replace the release with a pull including the sear. My gunsmith changed mine from one gun to another but switched the triggers and sears both from one gun to t he other. I would call Phillip he is a straight shooter and will give you the right info for converting.

·
Registered
607 Posts
The daniels style release is very similar if not identical to the spears style release used in the bt's. Phil can fix you up or if you want to buy the aprts and change it out your self it is easily done. Good luck, Tim

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.