Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,649 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As per FlaLagarto use test weights.---or have you changed to a different jug or type of powder??? is loader level???? been dropped??? is bushing clear??? many possibilities. Your doing the right thing by checking the scale. Ross Puls

·
Registered
105 Posts
Andy, If you have any rifle or pistol bullets lying around they are pretty close enough to weight to check your scale. Hope this helps George

·
Registered
134 Posts
Use something a little more precise like a rifle or pistol bullet. I use two, a 20gr and a 50gr just to be sure. And yes I have a digital scale but it never hurts to check things often.

·
Registered
10,458 Posts
Dimes work ok but they do vary a bit but not enough to matter. I have used them for years but I also have the factroy weights ( Ohaus) I just never bother with them

·
Registered
840 Posts
mark425_2008_030333.jpg

What Ks5shooter said....if you want accuracy. In the ball park...use a dime, thats about how much your results will be worth.

·
Registered
3,249 Posts
<blockquote><I>"...In the ball park...use a dime, thats about how much your results will be worth.</i></blockquote>Before you go running things down weigh 20 "new dimes" on a good scale and tell me what the variation is. It's way close enough for shotgun work.

MK

·
Registered
840 Posts
"...In the ball park...use a dime, thats about how much your results will be worth.

Before you go running things down weigh 20 "new dimes" on a good scale and tell me what the variation is. It's way close enough for shotgun work.

MK

================================================================================

Sorry to offend. I guess I am one of those guys that doesnt like "close enough".

Mark

p.s. I did weigh 10 new looking dimes. Lightest=34.2 grains, heaviest 35.6 grains. Reweighed lightest and heaviest 3 times with same readings. The majority were within .2 grains.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.