Trapshooters Forum banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
I have found it is caused most by 2 things...still looking at the bead or barrel when u call pull causing you to jump at the target or moving before u clearly see the target and path...both are focus issues.Jerry

·
Registered
3,596 Posts
In my younger years I had to learn to shoot a shotgun like that due to a person who I ran into at Turkey Shoots. He was on the army team in the late 60's-early 70's.

Now I doubt that I can get my wrists to twist well enough.
Oh, I'd get mine there. I just wouldn't get them back.

·
Registered
23,595 Posts
In my younger years I had to learn to shoot a shotgun like that due to a person who I ran into at Turkey Shoots. He was on the army team in the late 60's-early 70's.

Now I doubt that I can get my wrists to twist well enough.
Ray?

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
Where is your POINT OF CENTER MASS IMPACT, the middle of the hot 10" or so pattern, on a patterning board? NOT 60/40, 80/20, 90/ 212
Hold the gun on a spot on the pattern board at the distance you think you are normally breaking targets and measure where your center mass is.
All (or most) advise above is good but until you know where your gun is shooting, your guessing.

And if you mess with cotton Doc with anything from flint lock to Perazzi, you had better know of what you speak!
Jim

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
Hold your gun closer to level, watch the bird come from under your barrel. It will give your brain a split second to see that it is going left, right or straight. You will make a less vertical move to the target.
Works for 2 eyed shooter but not very well for 1 eyed shooter.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts