Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
498 Posts
Not to beat this into the ground, but here goes again. My wife and I shoot Beretta 391's and since they were new, they have been flamers. My wife has strict orders to never shoot the thing without shooting glasses. We use a lot of remington 209 primers combined with green dot powder, in a 1 1/8 ounce load. seems like this is a common theme. However, we also use winchester 209 primers with green dot powder in 1 ounce loads. We will be going to a registered shoot this weekend, and I will monitor to see if hotter primer makes a difference. Curious to see. Most all our shooting is done in the daylight. Good thread.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Green dot is not a good powder for 1oz loads try some red dot you might like it better. That is the powder I use when I load up 1oz loads and only use green dot for 1 1/8 cap loads.

·
Premium Member
498 Posts
I have read that green dot powder doesn't work that well for 1 ounce loads due to it being a slower burning powder. I load 19.8 grains of green dot with a winchester primer, a claybuster clone of a WAA12SL wad, with 1z. of #8's in a remington STS hull. Has been a very good singles load, although not a "lite" load. When loading for two active shooters, I have found it almost a necessity to try and keep things as simple as possible, just because the powder/wad/shot/primer logistics gets to be a little overwelming. I use the keepitsimplestupid/kiss theory. Shoot until you die. J. Webb. P.S. try it you'll like it!

·
Registered
3,852 Posts
Red Dot is at 94% burn rate..so.. first.. Federal Primers..then change your recoil spring to a fresh.. stiffer one.. check your locking bolt..and if you really want to go all out.. add Malory metal to the bolt to slow it down.. Flames will shoot out of the sides of any auto.. at night.. That's unburned powder particles burning.. Keep the bolt closed longer.. you'll have less to burn..

21 - 26 of 26 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.