Trapshooters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I been a long time trapshooter and can't hit all the targets
consistently, but I tried skeet last week end, and all
those cross dressers made me look like a beginner.
They shot fast crossers, in your face station 8, and
lots of doubles, and these guys never miss. I could
not even hit 50% of the targets.

What can I do to dress as good as those skeet shooters?

·
Registered
33,705 Posts
Are there not any shooters there willing to help you?

·
Registered
4,123 Posts
Y'all being trolled.

From Shotgunworld.
"I have not posted to trapshooters.com for a long time, but it might be fun to go there and ask a question about skeet. Yea, I think I will have my son Matt do it. He likes a good joke. I will give the link when it is done. "

Okay, my kid made the post to trapshooters, he asked how he could become as good as skeet shooters.

www.trapshooters.com

How to shoot skeet for a trap shooter.
I been a long time trapshooter and can't hit all the targets consistently, but I tried skeet last week end, and all those cross dressers made me look like a beginner. They shot fast crossers, in your face station 8, and lots of doubles, and these guys never miss. I could not even hit 50% of...

www.trapshooters.com
www.trapshooters.com

·
Registered
33,705 Posts
Reactions: pbansen and bosni

·
Registered
3,430 Posts
I been a long time trapshooter and can't hit all the targets
consistently, but I tried skeet last week end, and all
those cross dressers made me look like a beginner.
They shot fast crossers, in your face station 8, and
lots of doubles, and these guys never miss. I could
not even hit 50% of the targets.

What can I do to dress as good as those skeet shooters?
So you are saying you can't shoot a shotgun ? If you needed to hunt for your food you would starve ?

·
5,454 Posts
Were you dressed properly? From what I've been reading, the attire is completely different. Just saying.
I make sure I wear plenty of tule... it helps...

·
Registered
Perazzi TM1/Browning Citori XT
693 Posts
I shoot both. I keep a spreadsheet on my laptop and record all my rounds in a season, scores and averages. I shoot skeet with my field gun. A Winchester SX3 20ga. I shoot pretty close in average in both trap and skeet year to year the past few years. 95-96 avg in skeet and 94-95 in trap. If skeet is easier I have yet to experience it. I've never shot 100 straight skeet. Lots of 99's and a few 98's in 410 years back. I've shot several 100's in trap and several 199's. Trap came essier to me than skeet and skeet was how I started into the clays games. I like both games for different reasons. Skeet for me is more casual and fun. Trap I prefer registered. Trap practice bores me and I find handicap mind numbing boring. Starting next season I'm not going to bother much with handicap. I prefer singles and doubles, especially doubles.

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
"If skeet is easier I have yet to experience it. I've never shot 100 straight skeet. Lots of 99's and a few 98's in 410 years back. I've shot several 100's in trap and several 199's. "

Lots of 99's with a .410, but skeet's not easier?

·
Registered
1972 BT 99 Winchester SuperX model 1
104 Posts
Trapshootets and skeetshooters are.like power boaters and sailboats. The only thing in common is they like being on the water. Where I am from skeet is for snobs that won't shoot with anyone they don't know.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts