Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have read that it is not hard to put a release trigger back to pull on the KX5---but that you need a different screw that changes the creep in the trigger----Where is that screw located and where can I find one----any pictures would be of great help----I removed the hook from the top of the trigger but it has left alot of creep in the trigger---Thanks Norbert

·
Registered
132 Posts
Ther should be a screw on the very back of the trigger guard that is threaded at an angle.That is your adjustment screw.

·
Registered
254 Posts
I just installed one from a member here. Take the stock off. The inside is readily visible. The front trigger pin goes through the small release part that catches the smaller (lower)hook on the hammer. Push the holding pin just enough through until the release part can be removed(no more than that). Remove the release part, put your pin back through. Put your gun back together. The rear catch controls the normal pull trigger and is likely already pretty well adjusted. Test your work with a snap cap or dead hull before firing. Hope this helps

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks to all those that responeded here or with email----I think I have a good idea how to proceed----Norbert

·
Registered
2,651 Posts
There's a good chance that the screw that adjusts travel has been shortened. I purchased one that had been switched back to pull. The trigger travel was terrible. I had to replace the screw with a longer one. I called Kreighoff and they would not send the screw. Braxton said it was a restricted item and that the gun would have to be returned to them. I went to a store called Fastenal and purchased 3 of them. Good luck --Steve

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.