Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My brother has a Benelli M-2 12 ga, shotgun that has the black composit stock. The trouble is, the stock is factory length and he is 6' 9". He looks ridiculous trying to shoot the gun. Is there somehow a way to significantly add length to the stock. Can one buy a wood replacement stock and add length the normal way?
Any help would be appreciated. If it were a right handed gun, I would try to talk him into selling it for something different, but alas, he is a southpaw and not much call for this gun.
Thanks
John

·
Registered
211 Posts
I have an early M2 and even with the thickest spacer (there are three sizes) the stock was still too short for me and I'm only 6'3". After shooting it a while I finally decided I had to do something so I called Benelli. The nice lady in customer service said that the later M2s came with longer stocks and then using the thickest spacer brought the lop to 14 3/4"- 7/8" if I remember correctly When she said a new stock (I have the camo version for goose hunting) would cost $450 I said I couldn't afford that and did she have any other suggestions. I was stunned when she said that she would warranty the old stock and send me a new one if I'd mail her back my old one. I did as requested and sure enough, in a few days I had a brand new, longer stock at no charge. Now that's customer service ! The gun now fits me just fine. I'm concerned that even the longer stock and largest spacer it might still be too short for a person 6'9" but it's worth a try. Measure the stock and spacer then call Benelli; great folks.
Good Luck

1 - 2 of 2 Posts