Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
9,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello:
I have a large grape vine in my back yard that I would like to kill off. Any one have any luck getting rid of a grape vine before? Seems no matter what I do it always grows back. Here in my city I am not allowed to burn it. Any ideas on how to get rid of this thing once and for all?
Thanks in advance,
Steve Balistreri
Wauwatosa Wisconsin

·
Registered
157 Posts
Drill the trunk to middle at a 45* angle with a with a good size drill bit. Use round up in hole some use 2-4-D, this works as long as vine still has green leaves on it. Good Luck

Red

·
Supporting Vendor
9,753 Posts
I had to take care of my Brother in-laws Great Dane a few years back. The damn thing must of pissed sulfuric acid or something. Also it tore the downspout right off of my house in an attempt to get at a chipmunk. It killed every plant in my yard, dug holes big enough to fit a Volkswagen and by weeks end and I felt like putting a bullet in its brain.

Anyway, do carry on......

·
Registered
9,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Tron:
I have a neighbor that has a Great Dane. When he picks up after him he wears a jump suit, plays carnival music, and uses a shovel. Neighbor told me the dog eats more than his family of four.
Steve

·
Registered
2,632 Posts
Steve, Take your Broken Ol Toilet seat if ya still have it and ring the vine with it, that should do the trick..LOL

No seriously After you drill that hole in the vine. If you have some Copper Sulfate around the house just pour some of it around the vine. Guaranteed Dead vine. But the Round Up, Pramatol, will also work. Can you get some Great Dane urine?? Sounds like some Good Stuff...Another LOL

·
Registered
10,195 Posts
I'd think pool Chlorine mixed 2 parts chlorine and 1 part water should do the trick nicely. Do not water it in. Re-treat in 2-3 days if need be (but I have not had to yet!!!). This will kill it, and the sun will degrade the chlorine quickly. It might be some time before anything will grow there again. Weeds will be the first thing to grow there afterward. Cheaper and more eco friendly than gasoline or the like. Its about 2 bucks for a gallon, so it will make a gallon and a half, if you go to the pool store and bring a container with ya to buy in bulk. Will kill all algae on concrete driveways with a pump sprayer as well, so you never need to pressure clean again. break em all Jeff

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
My mom or my ex are able to kill grapevines still do not know how they did it!

They just shrug their shoulders and say all they did was water them!

·
Molon Labe
11,981 Posts
Round up doesn't kill ours, and Pramatol is a soil sterilizer, so noting else will grow there for a very long time, and is most states you need to be licensed to buy it and remember what we learned in licensing class, always read and follow labels

Copper sulfate as mentioned before would be the safest

·
Registered
1,983 Posts
Tordon RTU must be applied soon after cutting, and especially on the outer growth ring of the vine.

If a tree is larger than 12 inches, I always applied two rounds to the outer growth ring, then made a "X" across the middle.

It will kill it.

·
Premium Member
8,006 Posts
2 lbs of bullseye and powdered magnesium sounds like it would do the job and certainly to be a lot more fun.
Aloha

·
Registered
11,024 Posts
Tie one end of a rope around the base of the plant. Tie the other end to the rear bumper of your car.
Put the car in drive and step on the gas. Do you think that will work? HMB

1 - 20 of 26 Posts