Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is how I got a good weekend shooter to shoot ATA.

The guy shot a little sporting clays and a little skeet and a bit of trap,just for fun with his friends.He is a good shooter but refused to go any further than messing around with his friends no matter how much I tried to get him to shoot ATA with me he refused.

Then after attending the grand a few years ago I took quite a few pictures of the facility and some of the great shooters and I showed him the pictures and he decided to give it a try,I took him to a targets only ATA shoot to start out and signed him up and he liked it,no pressure,no money,just to show him the ropes and learn the rules.
Next we went to a nice club in Morris Illinois and he shot pretty well and won a few bucks in the Lewis class(enough that his day of shooting was free),after that he was hooked and he has since talked some of his friends in to ATA shooting.

I am trying to get some more shooters like this off there fanny's and shoot ATA but as with him I am finding out that it is not an easy thing to do.

Any more ideas or tips on getting this done and getting more shooters interested in ATA shooting would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
823 Posts
It's obvious you've found it "not an easy thing". First things first.

Do you have an expense account with the company?

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
Big 50 is a good ice breaker.. they don't have to register to shoot on the same squad. I think some people hold back on jumping into the ATA because of the fear of shooting competition. With the Big 50 program, they figure out real quick that it's not as intimidating as they thought it might be.

·
Premium Member
10,525 Posts
Hi XI. FlaLagarto is exactly right. Point those new shooters to gun clubs holding ATA Big 50 shoots. They are smaller "chunks" of ATA registered competition and may be less intimidating monetarily and psychologically for your newbees. If you can't find any ... PM me here and I'll get help for you. Bear.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts