Trapshooters Forum banner

How to fit chokes to Perazzi barrel?

1578 Views 5 Replies 2 Participants Last post by  BigM-Perazzi
G
Just bought an MX3 Perazzi with a 12ga light weight 1.41KG barrel.

The barrel is labeled "skt and skt." I could see it had a slightly larger diameter about three inches back from the muzzles. When I got it out in the sunlight, I could see that it has been threaded for chokes. The threads would have to be on the bottom of the choke tubes.

However no chokes were included when I bought the barrel and gun.

Now I need to find chokes or have some made(?) I tried -- just for size -- Beretta Optima, Mobil and Perazzi chokes, but they are all too big to go into the muzzle.

So what do I do now? Send the barrel to Briley, or someone else and have chokes made?

Sorry for being such a newbie, but we all gotta start somewhere.......

Help
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the link to Stu Wright and I have emailed the Seller. He is a broker. more than a collector. He bought this gun to sell. I hope that he can get in touch with the original owner and see if the chokes are available. Probably sitting in a box in a drawer somewhere.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Seller has no idea where chokes might be.

Called Briley and they said it would take about $100 each custom choke. Take 4 to 5 weeks.

Called Seminole and they said they needed $300 and that would make me 6 custom extended chokes, any constrictions I want. Take about a week, plus shipping time. More than 6 chokes would be $50 each.

Barrel goes to Seminole tomorrow.

· Premium Member
12,790 Posts
Surely they'll take a cast of the end of the barrel with cerrosafe or plaster or something to see if they can establish if its a recognized standard choke tube pattern.

Make sure they do that FIRST!

· Registered
8,533 Posts
I'm sure seminole will measure and check them against their collection of choke standards. It's doubtful that they were not a version of somebodies standard.

JC

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.