Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
834 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have came into my hands, a Ljutic Space Gun #25. I an trying to figure out how to clean this thing. Any help would be very appreciated. it's a really cool gun, shoots really high though. Thanks in advance, Chris.

·
Registered
853 Posts
I have came into my hands, a Ljutic Space Gun #25. I an trying to figure out how to clean this thing. Any help would be very appreciated. it's a really cool gun, shoots really high though. Thanks in advance, Chris.
It is really important to use lead gloves when cleaning the minature atomic reactor and to use a really good lense cleaner that doesn't scratch on the output optics. (Sorry, couldn't resist. )

·
Registered
10,217 Posts
Wet One's!!! Now That's A Good One.

One call to Ljutic would be a good place to start. I have no idea myself. Good Luck with your new gun. They always draw a crowd at every shoot I've seen them at. They are cool to look at. break em all Jeff

·
Registered
834 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you for the Ljutic stuff! Now I can play with it, and I have an illustration on how to load it.

·
Registered
834 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sure Don, anytime you want. Will you show me how to clean it? I am going to bring it to the shot during nationals.

·
Registered
687 Posts
Get the owners manual!!! It has been awhile, I took the pistol grip off and removed the bolt to clean mine. When you put it back together you must be careful or you can damage the trigger. Again from memory something about bolt and trigger jamming. Fun gun to own

·
Registered
7,179 Posts
A family in my town who were Ljutic dealers back in the day owned two of them and sold a couple more to local shooters. I always thought they looked cool. I shot all 4 of them (including one with a scope) but couldn't get comfortable shooting any of them. Soft shooters though. Felt like shooting an air rifle.

·
Banned
9,042 Posts
Make sure your tools are secured down. Once they start to drift away, they are hard to keep track of, especially if two decide to escape at the same time. Tethering is a good idea.

·
Premium Member
2,588 Posts
I would think a bore snake would do the job of cleaning the barrel between shoots. If I recall correctly, you would open the bolt, drop the weighted line in the chamber and pull the bore snake out through the muzzle. They do a decent job on the barrel and chamber. I've used the snakes on the Browning Recoiless and Greener singles with good effect.

·
Registered
29,316 Posts
I put a long cleaning rod down the barrel from the muzzle, install brush and swab in breech and install on end of rod, work backwards. Bore snake as mentioned and use the foam Barrel Scrub. Can has a L shaped nozzle that allows shooting stuff into the breech from a right angle.

·
Registered
8,994 Posts
Best way to clean the barrel is: Pull the bolt back and hook a bungee cord on the bolt handle and hook to butt plate. I haven't found any other easier way to hold the bolt back. If you do let me know. You can clean the barrel, chamber and major parts of the receiver and bolt this way. Go farther by removing the trigger assembly.

·
Registered
29,316 Posts
Since Ljutic gave up making it, I wish some other gun maker would.

·
Registered
227 Posts
I had one years ago and wanted to clean it so I called Nadine, she said "send it to me". I asked her if it needed to be cleaned and she said "only after 50 thousand, maybe".

1 - 20 of 25 Posts