Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The wood on my gun has a shine to it everywhere except on the left side of my stock it has just become dull. Any tricks to bringing back the shine without going thru the refinishing process?

·
Registered
6,075 Posts
If it has an oil finish, try Murphy's Oil Soap. If it is urethane, use auto polish.

Ed

·
Registered
77 Posts
I agree with Ed, using an auto polish will bring it back. I just got a 1100 that was pretty rough. I sanded it with 220 just enough to knock the imperfection down and re oiled with Tru Oil. Buffed it with 0000 steel wool and then polished it with some rubbing compound.

Hope this helps,
Darin

·
Registered
3,932 Posts
If you are in a hurry, then try a little Pledge.

I use a good grade of carnuba wax on my stocks and metal. If you have some high luster blued parts it'll make them look so deep and rich that you won't believe your eyes.

ss

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
If a poly finish: Meguiers Swirl remover and a Wax Master Buffer will make it shine like a diamond in a .......

·
Registered
1,983 Posts
Saw the same thing on the stock of a shooter with a short beard. He said he had tried to polish it, but he thought the finish was worn off.

Danny

·
Registered
759 Posts
What Danny said. Probably just wore the finish off. If a little wax wont bring it back, the finish is most likely worn. Are you a right handed shooter? Larry

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.