Trapshooters Forum banner

How to be a Trap Pimp on the Low

3K views 21 replies 19 participants last post by  NCSCOO 
#1 ·
I decided to buy some new trap gear. I called a few of the high end leather places for shell pouches and they were $400+ and 12 weeks out. Also some were more of a cowboy Texas thing and not my style. I have a good idea for a custom pouch but $400+ is not what I had in mind at this time. Allen and Boyt. Good stuff Good prices and it’s what I used in the past.

See less See more
#7 ·
Many years ago, I bought a nice pouch and belt from the Holland Brothers. They made good stuff.
When I met my wife a few years after that, I taught her to shoot and bought her all she'd ever need. But she went with a vest and all the belts and pouches sat in the closet for a decade or two.

One night, someone broke into the back of my truck and stole my stuff. Thank goodness my guns weren't in there.

Now I'm shooting her stuff. It doesn't matter. I'm past all that. Remember the first time your friend took you out and dressed you up in all his stuff?

Get you some gear you're comfortable with and go break some targets. Bring lots of shells.

#8 ·
I also have an Allen shell bag. It‘s old and beat. I upgraded last year and bought a $50 Browning vest on sale. It’s black and white. I look funny in it. I don’t care. My shooting buds have so much $ wrapped up in all that stuff....I’d rather use that $ for powder, primers, wads, shot, etc, etc. Besides, all that pretty stuff means didly on the score sheet. My 2 cents..

#9 ·
I decided to buy some new trap gear. I called a few of the high end leather places for shell pouches and they were $400+ and 12 weeks out... Allen and Boyt. Good stuff Good prices and it’s what I used in the past.

View attachment 1737461
Have you considered checking out your local shoe repair guy... they have the leather sewing machines to repair thick soled shoes... they just might have the material and like creating your idea for a fraction of the price...

When I needed a pouch to be repaired, they did it for peanuts... show them what you like, they're craftsmen...

#13 ·
View attachment 1737483

Thanks. I looked at Africa Game and was thinking about buying one of their interesting leather pouches however I didnt care for some of the ways they were sewn together.

#15 ·
Its pretty hard to beat the price/quality of a Shamrock leather or a Lonesome Charlie pouch. You can purchase a Shamrock pouch for under $100 and depending on what style, Lonesome Charlie pouch is still under $200. Both have good web sites to view their products. Mike

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.