Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you don’t have pocket built into your coat or vest, how would attach a recoil pad?
4EDE307F-83F0-4B17-B489-8395DEE8EA90.jpeg

·
Vendor
19,787 Posts
Phil Kiner had a great idea/suggestion. I'll let him come on and tell you guys about it.

·
Registered
32,289 Posts
When I don’t want to wear a vest, I have a pad that I applied several Velcro strips with adhesive backing. I use the hooks side of the Velcro, not the loops. I place the pad against my skin and the Velcro hooks hang on my shirt material.

You could do the same thing with the pad pictured or place in a fabric sack or envelope and put the Velcro on the sack. Make the sack long enough to allow you to place it far past your shoulder, towards your back and the pad hang in the proper position in front of your shoulder. The more Velcro you use, the less likely the pad will shift on you.

·
Registered
208 Posts
I bought a zipper to repair my hunting vest at a fabric store called Jo Ann's fabrics. I asked for help and she told me they could sew it in. I would think they could sew in your pad.
Steve

·
Registered
8,160 Posts
I bought a zipper to repair my hunting vest at a fabric store called Jo Ann's fabrics. I asked for help and she told me they could sew it in. I would think they could sew in your pad.
Steve
My JoAnn's has a bulletin board with a bunch of contacts on it for people who do sewing/alterations. I have used it several times.

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
You could save yourself a lot of trouble by buying a Beretta trap vest like the one below which will accommodate your gel pad without modification.

·
Registered
901 Posts
Phil Kiner developed an innovative and cost effective way to reduce felt recoil. The item is available in the womens personal hygiene department at your local grocery store and is called a panty liner. Installation is simple, adjustable and discrete. It can be painful too if you put the sticky side against your chest.

·
Registered
32,289 Posts
Phil Kiner developed an innovative and cost effective way to reduce felt recoil. The item is available in the womens personal hygiene department at your local grocery store and is called a panty liner. Installation is simple, adjustable and discrete. It can be painful too if you put the sticky side against your chest.
forgot about that.

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
Every so often when I’ve needed industrial type sewing I reached out to an auto upholstery shop! You will find some people with amazing talent that will like an odd job that takes them out of the routine.

One place fixed up my torn up duck hunting gear... and charged me a nominal fee... he said it was “fun” to do something different.

·
Registered
4,786 Posts
Duct tape. The handyman's secret weapon.

If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.

·
Registered
14,893 Posts
Most vest pockets are too low (depending on your build and how you shoot. I like Rick's idea with the velcro. Also keeps the $40 pads from falling out of the pocket when you put your gear away.

·
Premium Member
6,023 Posts
Phil Kiner had a great idea/suggestion. I'll let him come on and tell you guys about it.
I astonished my present wife the first time we went to a registered shoot together down in Florida. She had a distraught look on her face and said we need to find a store. I said what's wrong and she told me. I said hold on, I'll be right back. The look on her face when I handed her one will be forever etched in my memory.

I knew the Kiner secret too.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts