Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
IMG_0179.JPG
IMG_0180.JPG
The factory told me they don't have any manuals or information about the shotshell reloaders they made in the 1950's and contracted out for production in the early 1960's. I have one and am wondering if there are any more out there.

·
Ya can't miss with a shotgun
2,509 Posts
Wow, that is very cool.......nice

Reactions: Kim Z.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Luckylucklucky: You need a new prescription for your glasses. The Ljutic reloader is standing just behind the manual in the photo.

Jaburg1: You are very perceptive. Your glasses are excellent!

dave-320c: Hi Dave! I've shot trap one time since moving here! It's a 55 mile drive to Prescott Valley to shoot. And they close too early. I started at station 1 and shot 10 straight until station 3. All went to hell. It was windy and I was shooting too low! When I was there, a guy named George K. had a stainless steel Ljutic Combo. He was shooting doubles with it! I have been lazy and must get over there. I know my left arm has gotten weak and it will get tired holding my >9 lb. 1963/64 Mono Prototype which you tried and shot a 25 straight after initially holding it and saying, "It feels kind of clunky!" I'll always remember that great day! Take care!

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
I have knowledge of three variations of Ljutic reloaders. The first ones were hand made by Al circa 1955.

Version 1: This machine weighs 50 lbs. It appears to be machined out of solid parts of a Russian tank! If you look closely at the flat plate in front, you can see the traditional engraved Ljutic logo.

IMG_0488.JPG

Version 2:

IMG_2678.JPG

Version 3: Production was subbed out to The Rowbottom Machine Co. in Waterbury, Connecticut, circa 1965. Pictured machine is Serial #31 X

IMG_0170.JPG

·
Registered
19,272 Posts
Guess I was just politely asking you to take a picture with out
the manual covering up the loader. With your attitude, o-well
With your snide attitude don't be surprised that you're ignored from now on ...........

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
I can see where the Russian Tank analogy comes from.
Isn't it a wonder that a flimsy MEC reloader will do the same job for a million rounds.
Thanks for sharing pictures.

·
Registered
21,600 Posts
I can see where the Russian Tank analogy comes from.
Isn't it a wonder that a flimsy MEC reloader will do the same job for a million rounds.
Thanks for sharing pictures.
Uh yeah. I wanna see that MEC loader that has loaded a million rounds and hasn’t been completely rebuilt from the ground up 50 times.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts