Trapshooters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Text Font Plant Paper product
Vehicle Machine Gas
The factory told me they don't have any manuals or information about the shotshell reloaders they made in the 1950's and contracted out for production in the early 1960's. I have one and am wondering if there are any more out there.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Luckylucklucky: You need a new prescription for your glasses. The Ljutic reloader is standing just behind the manual in the photo.

Jaburg1: You are very perceptive. Your glasses are excellent!

dave-320c: Hi Dave! I've shot trap one time since moving here! It's a 55 mile drive to Prescott Valley to shoot. And they close too early. I started at station 1 and shot 10 straight until station 3. All went to hell. It was windy and I was shooting too low! When I was there, a guy named George K. had a stainless steel Ljutic Combo. He was shooting doubles with it! I have been lazy and must get over there. I know my left arm has gotten weak and it will get tired holding my >9 lb. 1963/64 Mono Prototype which you tried and shot a 25 straight after initially holding it and saying, "It feels kind of clunky!" I'll always remember that great day! Take care!

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
I have knowledge of three variations of Ljutic reloaders. The first ones were hand made by Al circa 1955.

Version 1: This machine weighs 50 lbs. It appears to be machined out of solid parts of a Russian tank! If you look closely at the flat plate in front, you can see the traditional engraved Ljutic logo.

Vehicle Asphalt Automotive wheel system Automotive tire Auto part

Version 2:

Auto part Engine

Version 3: Production was subbed out to The Rowbottom Machine Co. in Waterbury, Connecticut, circa 1965. Pictured machine is Serial #31 X

Machine

·
Registered
29,017 Posts
Guess I was just politely asking you to take a picture with out
the manual covering up the loader. With your attitude, o-well
With your snide attitude don't be surprised that you're ignored from now on ...........

·
Registered
21,599 Posts
I can see where the Russian Tank analogy comes from.
Isn't it a wonder that a flimsy MEC reloader will do the same job for a million rounds.
Thanks for sharing pictures.
Uh yeah. I wanna see that MEC loader that has loaded a million rounds and hasn’t been completely rebuilt from the ground up 50 times.

Reactions: KS-OKIE
1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.