Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have a Beretta SO 5 with very slight oxidation/pitting on the receiver. Is there a proper method for polishing a steel receiver? It's raw steel, no finish.

I'm thinking this may best be left for an expert so also looking for who the right person to send it to is.

Your opinion is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Colegun.com...Best Beretta gunsmith in my opinion. Very friendly to deal with and fair prices. Dale

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys, didn't think of Cole. Will look into Pete Mazur as well.

If I'm feeling really brave or get into the whiskey this weekend I may attempt the Flitz. :)

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have used Flitz to clean up an S3 and S3EL. It cleans up some of the grime, but didn't get out all the oxidation. I'm not sure you can easily get deep oxidation out. Let me know what you learn.

Ken

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Just trying to help you save some money, but if you're not comfortable working with your hands then by all means pay somebody to do what you can easily do yourself.

·
Registered
3,641 Posts
Rich Cole cleaned up a pair of older SO5 or SO3EELL guns that were badly rusted and oxidized. He used a procedure that cleaned out all crevises without buffing. It was a chemical procedure that worked very well and left the badly abused guns looking rather new.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts