Trapshooters Forum banner

How Often Does Your Club Drag the Target Field?

2256 14
Is it true that most clubs that have flat or rising target debri fields drag them to keep the buildup of broken targets from color matching the emerging targets from the house?

Does your club do this and if so, how often and what equipment does it use?
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
2,877 Posts
Ours is slightly sloping down hill.
So not a problem at ours.
But in the winter we have a skeet league, and our fields overlap. So we just roll our lawn in the spring.
But I do shoot at several places I wish they would take the time to crush the laying birds

· Registered
1,159 Posts
We burned the fields a week or so ago. The orange is really showing. Never had to drag it in the past because the grass was enough to make it fade away.
We will need to drag this spring until the grass comes back up.

· Registered
2,877 Posts
Ours is slightly sloping down hill.
So not a problem at ours.
But in the winter we have a skeet league, and our fields overlap. So we just roll our lawn in the spring.
But I do shoot at several places I wish they would take the time to crush the laying birds

· Registered
95 Posts
The one club I was on the board at the last few years have been shooting BIO targets I notice they are building up terrible, I offered to take my Tractor and Rototiller over and work them into the ground but no one else seems to think it is important.
They don't shoot registered targets.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.