Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am curious about how often you run 100 straight for either singles or handicap. The reason I ask is that it seems I can be in the 96-99 range most every time but seem to only run 100 straight about every 10th time or so. I have yet to run 100 from handicap but stay within my 96-99. I guess I need to keep my focus better from that yardage. Mike

·
Registered
8,533 Posts
and your question is? Lol. Those are probably issues that very few of us here on tc.com can really help u with. You'll have to ask Kay, Harlan or Leo to truly get useful insight into your problem. The rest of us just wish for that kind of problem to rear its head.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Zoom...maybe thats what I NEED to do...LOL My topic was not to discuss any problem I have or don't have, rather to just ask a question of board members and take a poll if you will. Mike

·
Registered
194 Posts
I have ran 2; 100 straights in my 1200 singles targets that I have registered. I find that squadding with familar people and good shooters helps. Clubs that you are familar with, set good targets and have familar backgrounds will also help you bring up your average. I am not one to give advice but I hope that helps

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So if we arent running many straights what are the averages out there for people? I am a pretty new shooter and will be shooting my first registered birds since 1997 this weekend if the weather cooperates. Since I don't have many registered targets under my belt I will be classified as B for singles and handicap 20 yd..Mike

·
Registered
3,583 Posts
100 straight is nothin ... I always get 100 straight without any problems at all unless the alarm goes off.

That dang alarm at times has really screwed my score.

·
Registered
8,533 Posts
Subject: How often do you run 100 straight?
Email:
Date: Tue, Apr 17, 2007 - 10:59 AM CT
Website Address:

I am curious about how often you run 100 straight for either singles or handicap. The reason I ask is that it seems I can be in the 96-99 range most every time but seem to only run 100 straight about every 10th time or so. I have yet to run 100 from handicap but stay within my 96-99. I guess I need to keep my focus better from that yardage. Mike

So if we arent running many straights what are the averages out there for people? I am a pretty new shooter and will be shooting my first registered birds since 1997 this weekend if the weather cooperates. Since I don't have many registered targets under my belt I will be classified as B for singles and handicap 20 yd..Mike

Mike, I'm perplexed by what you've written. If your shooting consistent 96-99 singles, your clearly A class or better on 'known ability'. Your claimed handicap of 96-99 is greater than 99.9% (probably 100%) of all ATA shooters....
Explain that to the classifier and see how he places you... good luck!!

Jim

·
Registered
402 Posts
Hawk,

Me too. As soon as I get a 25 I'll let all of you know.

It would be nice if I can shoot my first 25 at the southwestern grand this weekend. That is if I can get my boss to give me the day off.

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
Jim....

It's a LONG, LONG way between 99 and 100.....Dan Thome (Trap2)

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.