Trapshooters Forum banner

How much more are you paying for 12 ga. ammo now?

8388 Views 96 Replies 60 Participants Last post by  Rick Barker
Just paid $84.99 flat Fed Top Gun 11/8oz 8's. Plus tax = $90.30. Bass Pro
Before the shortage $49.99 flat Rem. Gun Club @ Gander or $64 Herters at Cabela's.
Is everyone seeing this type of increase? I pay because I like to play.
Reactions: 12GAK80 and Berty
1 - 20 of 97 Posts

· Registered
1,107 Posts
A 'flat' (10-boxes) of econo-loads is $90-$110 in North Jersey. I'm reloading at approx. $7.00 p/box. That continues to rise as components do. Flats I have in stock were purchased a few years ago and average $60 p/flat. Reloading is making my season possible because retail availability is inconsistent, unreliable and damn expensive!

· Registered
803 Posts
Paid 98 bucks for a flat of Fiocchi White Rinos last weekend, yesterday paid 85 for a flat of Fiocchi Shooting Dynamics, and 84 for a flat of B&P Sporting Clays 1310s.

· Registered
10,445 Posts
I’m like many other have not seen a flat to buy but did buy a box, one AA128, at Walmart the other day, $9.28 including 6% KY sales tax, that price has also increased since I bought the last box in July.
I don’t need 3 dram shells so have not tried the Federals.

· Registered
321 Posts
About $25 for a 100 round value pack at Walmart, but in my neck of the woods you basically have to be standing there when they put them on the shelves. Recently saw the exact same box of ammo for sale at a local gun show for $50.

· Registered
414 Posts
$8.73 for AA's at Walmart when they have them.
$6.34 for Super-X at Walmart when available.
$8.99 for Topflight today.
$8.99 for WWB at the club I shoot at, when available

· Premium Member
111 Posts
About $25 for a 100 round value pack at Walmart, but in my neck of the woods you basically have to be standing there when they put them on the shelves. Recently saw the exact same box of ammo for sale at a local gun show for $50.
In my area the situation is the same. If Walmart puts anything on the shelves they are gone almost instantly.Local gun shops that have some want $11.99 per box for target loads. Shooting four rounds at that price is getting expensive. $48 for shells and $16 for four rounds=$64. Even three rounds is crazy at a total cost of $48. I can reload but not without primers, same as everyone else. I have NOT and will not be buying Target shells at $12 per box.

· Registered
1,299 Posts
I have top guns yet that were $82.50 CDN ( $66 USD ) tax in out the door in January, Challengers were about the same as were Winchester super targets or Herters, we can't get any US made product here in Canada now ( winchester, federal or remington ) and I have heard that the price will be about $100 a flat all in when they finally show up, challenger and score just had a $5 per flat increase which is the 2nd one this year so my feeling is $100 a flat will be about the normal when the new orders start to arrive.

1 - 20 of 97 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.