Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to know what a fair price would be for a Browning Superposed Diana. I know what it would be worth if it were perfect, but it isn't. It is the trap model with the Broadway rib, and manufactured in 68. It has 32 inch barrels and is choked full over improved modified. It was made in the middle of the salt era, but is not a salt damaged gun. The buttstock is a midas grade and not numbered to the gun. It has been cut so the lop is thirteen and three quarter inches. It only has very minor dings on the wood and metal. The forend is original and numbered to the gun and matches the butstock for color and grain. Mechanically the gun is in very good shape, but the lever is all the way to center. I would send it to Trap2's gunsmith as he only charges $125 to rebuild the locking block, but I need to sell it now. So for you Superposed experts, what would be a fair price that would get this gun sold?
Thanks,
Cliff

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I would like to know what a fair price would be for a Browning Superposed Diana. I know what it would be worth if it were perfect, but it isn't. It is the trap model with the Broadway rib, and manufactured in 68. It has 32 inch barrels and is choked full over improved modified. It was made in the middle of the salt era, but is not a salt damaged gun. The buttstock is a midas grade and not numbered to the gun. It has been cut so the lop is thirteen and three quarter inches. It only has very minor dings on the wood and metal. The forend is original and numbered to the gun and matches the butstock for color and grain. Mechanically the gun is in very good shape, but the lever is all the way to center. I would send it to Trap2's gunsmith as he only charges $125 to rebuild the locking block, but I need to sell it now. So for you Superposed experts, what would be a fair price that would get this gun sold?
Thanks,
Cliff
DSC00426-1.jpg

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry, I am a failure at posting images. Would someone be kind enough to post a few for me?
Thanks
Cliff

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Unloader,
The rib hasn't been resoldered, the chokes are original, and the trigger is pull pull.
Thanks,
Cliff

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Unloader,
The rib hasn't been resoldered, the chokes are original, and the trigger is pull pull.
Thanks,
Cliff

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ajax, Sorry I haven't settled on a price yet. I was hoping to get a little more input first.
Thanks, Cliff

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ajax, Sorry I haven't settled on a price yet. I was hoping to get a little more input first.
Thanks, Cliff

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
According to Blue Book, which is just a reference book, 95% would be $4,200, 90% would be $2,750 and 80% would be $2,450. Since it has been altered and needs to be tightened-up, it makes it difficult to evaluate. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and therefore it is worth what someone will pay for it.

Steve

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
According to Blue Book, which is just a reference book, 95% would be $4,200, 90% would be $2,750 and 80% would be $2,450. Since it has been altered and needs to be tightened-up, it makes it difficult to evaluate. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and therefore it is worth what someone will pay for it.

Steve

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.