Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Premium Member
19,561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, I'm moving this to the shooting related thread. How much ammo is enough. With Erwin's in Amarillo selling 60 cases of .223 ammo, and running out of AR's, how much ammo do we need to store. I'll say as much as you can afford. That was last weeks sales. Charlie

·
Registered
21,599 Posts
No such thing as too much ammo. I believe ammo is one of the few things that hold its value and perhaps gain if stored correctly.

·
Premium Member
19,561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've always kept ammo, but with present mind set of some people, it is being hoarded to a degree. The price of it is astronomic. I was just curious as to what others thought. Alot of places are low on supplies, here in Amarillo, or plum out altogether. I don't think it is going to get cheaper. Charlie

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Let's see, I've got 17,000 rounds of 7.62X51, 10,000 rounds of 5.56, About 3000 rounds each of 9mm, 40 S&W and 45 ACP along with about 40 flats of shotgun target loads in 12, 16, 20, 28 and 410. And the "fixings" to load many more. Not counting the 41 Rem Mag, 44 Mag, 45 LC, 380, 22, and various hunting, sniper and varment loadings. Maybe enough.......

·
Registered
3,398 Posts
I don't have any ammo at all. Repeat - I HAVE NO AMMO AT ALL! So when the s*** hits the fan, there is no use to come by Bisi's place in hopes of begging, borrowing, or stealing a round or two as I have NONE. In fact I was planning on borrowing some from you.

Bisi

·
Premium Member
19,561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well- I've got about 8,500 rounds of various calibers, not including shotgun. I'm just curious about what others think of all this talk, and BS about ammo etc. I've got a good place to store it, so not worried there. It all has gotten so damn expensive. Charlie

·
Registered
2,086 Posts
Since the thread was placed here, I guess we play in this sandbox.

"How much ammo is enough?" I guess no one really knows, but too much can't hurt. There are 16 trilion chickens out there, just waiting to come home to roost. When they do, an abundance of ammo will NOT hinder you in the least. Hell, it may just help( read OH yeah). More ammo equals less agrivation.

Bisi, WTF? At LEAST one full mag for the 1911 will keep you whole and posting here.( and fighting your way to the long guns, even if you keep them at your neighbors house ) This is a good thing. We need you.

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Didn't Colonel Cooper say "a man can never have too many books, too much wine, or too much ammunition"? I'm working on the books and ammunition, but I have a problem keeping enough wine on hand!

·
Registered
4,299 Posts
More interesting then what you have NOW, is what will you do when "Brady II" (H.R. 3932)which was introduced by Charles Schumer in 1994 and/or S. 1878 get to THIS Congress.
You can look up the details, but to the current question: any ammo TOTAL INVENTORY exceeding 1000 rds.would require an "ARSENAL License".
Some REAL FUN TIMES ahead boys and girls...!!!
It died in 1994 when GINGRICH led the Republican Party to a majority position in the Congress.
O.fg course...he's too "RADICAL" today. Who will defeat the Democrats THIS TIME...???
NOBODY it would seem.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Ammo may well become a form of currency someday. I would be more accepted than gold. A person could trade a bullet for a loaf of bread or measure of fuel.

A bullet can be used to hunt food or for personal defense.

Most people will not have a practical use for gold.

·
Registered
6,754 Posts
How much ammo? As much as possible only problem is I tend to shoot it rather than store it. But if the SHTF I would imagine the correct amount of ammo would be what you could carry on your person and still manage to travel 10 or more miles per day - not that much.

·
Registered
209 Posts
I am sorry MDMike, but you have completely lost your mind to post to the extent you did. Not during this day and age.....

·
Banned
9,042 Posts
Depends on what the quality of life is after Armageddon starts. If you feel life is worth fighting for at that point, buy as much as possible. Just make sure you save at least one bullet. LOL

·
Banned
9,042 Posts
"I don't think we will ever see today's prices again." Hmmm......, why would that be?

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.