Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm reloading around 10K - 12K per year on my 2 ponsness warren loaders, some say it's cheaper or just as effective to just buy new shells. But, call me crazy if you want, I look at things a little different than most, during our long cold grey winters in Ohio I need something to do, so I look at reloading as a winter hobby.

·
Registered
21,600 Posts
I load about 8000 to 10,000/year on my 366. That is for 2 shooters. Most are loaded during the winter months but a few 1000 here and there during the year.

Matt

·
Registered
463 Posts
I've been doing this for a little under a year, but that sounds about like what i am doing annually. I definitely save $ over factory shells, although not a fortune. I get great prices on components by buying in bulk and like you and many others, enjoy the process of reloading.

Not everything is about the money. If that were the case, we would all stay home, sell our guns, golf clubs, fishing gear, sailboats, etc and plant ourselves in front of the Nanny machine and rot away. I enjoy checking out the recipes, trying different loads and seeing if they help my miserable scores : )

I have to drive 2 hrs to my supplier, but we make it a combo trip by stopping off at Costco,Sportman's Warehouse, have a nice lunch and thus justify in our minds that it didn't cost us a nickel in gas since were driving here anyway : )

·
Registered
6,754 Posts
Use to be about 10K now I let the guys at Federal and Estate pull the levers for me. They do a fine job I think.

·
Registered
4,410 Posts
I load about 20,000 a year. Buying components in bulk, I save close to $2000!

That is not the main reason though! It is my 3rd hobby! Right behind shooting and cooking!

Werks fer me!

·
Registered
127 Posts
When both my wife and I were shooting a lot of registered targets, about 28,000 targets per year, I reloaded about 90,000 shells a year. Now that my wife has stopped shooting, I load about 50,000 per year. Bobk

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
Last year was a light year for me only 17,686 on my Spolar's counter. I lost 3 months from both shooting and loading because of my heart attack. Hope to do better next year.

--- Chip King ---

·
Registered
767 Posts
I just finished, 10,000 1 oz loads for practice in 2011, I shoot factory loads at registered targets. MEC 9000

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
10-14k per year now that I no longer register targets. Used to be 14-20k when shooting ATA all on a P-W Silver ST since 1987. Just bought a Spolar, I hope it performs as well as the PW. JRM

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
8-10,000 yearly on a P/W 800+ W/ auto drive and auto case feeder. For now I wouldn't have it any other way.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.