Trapshooters Forum banner
21 - 40 of 184 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
I recently purchased a combo from Patrick on this site - He was very easy to deal with and provided very prompt delivery. Unfortunately I haven't had a chance to shoot it yet (cold in MN).

The only feedback I can give is on initial fit of the gun. For me (normal sized - 5'10 - 180) the gun doesn't fit well at all (eye way over the factory rib). Stock's drop at comb is too low (or the stock is too wide) with the comb set at it's lowest position and the rib at the highest pattern setting. Anyone else have fit issues and how did you rectify? Instead of messing with the wood, I am fabricating a higher replacement rib for the gun to allow shooting flatter and have a better sight picture with the current stock setup. Not sure how this is going to affect things, but I can always put the original rib back on and mess with the stock if I need to.

One other feedback item would be rib width of 12mm is a little wide and the stock light tube is too small and not very good quality (same as on their cheap semi's) and no mid bead. I do think this gun hits a sweet spot in the market as a good entry level gun with good features. Fit and finish is good and the wood is very nice for this level of gun. I will be interested in seeing how these hold up to higher round counts. We still have a couple months until we get out and start shooting again.

Steve
I bought mine also from Pat, I am 6'1'' 270 mine fit pretty good, I would say if your comb doesnt go low enough to maybe put on an adjustable butt plate so you can lower your butt pad. I thought the rib was a little wide, I didnt like the front bead, so instead of trying to change it, I used one of those UV Bondic pens and made the bead a little larger to match the size of the front bead on my 2 Brownings. The butt plate option might be a little cheaper than fabricating a new rib. Also I had Pat install mid beads on both of my barrels.

Reactions: OldGoat

·
Registered
99 Posts
I bought mine also from Pat, I am 6'1'' 270 mine fit pretty good, I would say if your comb doesnt go low enough to maybe put on an adjustable butt plate so you can lower your butt pad. I thought the rib was a little wide, I didnt like the front bead, so instead of trying to change it, I used one of those UV Bondic pens and made the bead a little larger to match the size of the front bead on my 2 Brownings. The butt plate option might be a little cheaper than fabricating a new rib. Also I had Pat install mid beads on both of my barrels.
Thanks T2B. At purchase I didn't know that they didn't have mid beads (just assumed all trap specific guns would have them), otherwise I would have had Patrick install them prior to shipping too. Not sure if the adjustable pad would work for me - wouldn't I have raise the butt pad to drop the comb further?

·
Registered
222 Posts
Thanks T2B. At purchase I didn't know that they didn't have mid beads (just assumed all trap specific guns would have them), otherwise I would have had Patrick install them prior to shipping too. Not sure if the adjustable pad would work for me - wouldn't I have raise the butt pad to drop the comb further?
Yes that is true i wasnt thinking, maybe you could put an add a rib on there, if you look in the vendors section you should be able to find them, They should have what you need in stock and it will probably be faster and cheaper than fabricating one. They have permanent and adjustable ones.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Yes that is true i wasn't thinking, maybe you could put an add a rib on there, if you look in the vendors section you should be able to find them, They should have what you need in stock and it will probably be faster and cheaper than fabricating one. They have permanent and adjustable ones.
I do computer work for a local machine shop and have an engineering background, so I made a solid model of the higher rib in about an hour. The guy is trading out manufacture for helping him out with some computer fixes. I tapered the rib down to 10mm on the top surface as I feel the original is too wide. The cool thing is you can make the new rib and use the roll pins, springs, and steel stops on the new rib. If you want to go back to stock, remove the pins and put the hardware back on the stock rib. Test fitted the new rib yesterday, it fit perfect and my eye is looking straight down the rib in the flattest shooting position. Now I am just waiting for black anodize, which may be a couple of weeks until he sends a batch of other parts outs. I'll try to post pictures when I get the rib back and installed. I'll also try to get a quote for manufacturing these ribs if other people would be interested. They maybe comparable to an add-a-rib in cost, but you wouldn't have to deal with the extra weight and two-sided tape.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Awesome!

·
What squad am I on?
GU 725 Adj Combo & CG Summit Combo.
8,262 Posts
Unsingle 3500+ rounds no issues. Sold many so far with very happy customers.
Is the trigger group in the receiver coated with the same anti-rust stuff that the barrels had? I haven't had the stock off yet...

·
What squad am I on?
8,262 Posts
The barrels are chrome lined, the outside of the barrels are black chrome. The receiver is anodized.
Right but there's a anti rust coating on exposed metal surface of the barrels upon receipt from the factory. A quick cleaning removed it then a light oil moving and greasing of pivoting parts external of the receiver is required. What I am asking is if you know if the internals of the trigger group (housed within the receiver) have the same anti rust coating applied as well? I was told by a non-owner that the coating is applied to the trigger group as well as exposed metals and that upon removal of said coating will enhance trigger pull and lock time? Do you happen to know if this is correct?
ALSO:
I have had three fail to fire's within 1000 rounds (all FTF have been with Winchester Universal 100rd value packs and I hear that's somewhat common) and noticed that with two that occurred last night, the firing pin didn't seem to punch a deep divot into the primer. Granted, both primers seemed to be pressed excessively deep in the case but overall, have you had this experience with yours or any similar customer concerns?

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Right but there's a anti rust coating on exposed metal surface of the barrels upon receipt from the factory. A quick cleaning removed it then a light oil moving and greasing of pivoting parts external of the receiver is required. What I am asking is if you know if the internals of the trigger group (housed within the receiver) have the same anti rust coating applied as well? I was told by a non-owner that the coating is applied to the trigger group as well as exposed metals and that upon removal of said coating will enhance trigger pull and lock time? Do you happen to know if this is correct?
ALSO:
I have had three fail to fire's within 1000 rounds (all FTF have been with Winchester Universal 100rd value packs and I hear that's somewhat common) and noticed that with two that occurred last night, the firing pin didn't seem to punch a deep divot into the primer. Granted, both primers seemed to be pressed excessively deep in the case but overall, have you had this experience with yours or any similar customer concerns?
Wen I had the receiver exposed trying to fix the doubling it appears that there was no coating and second i think most of the internals are polished "cast"

On the "not" firing, we have had the same experience on the non firing with the winchester shells. we still use them cause they are cheap at the local walmart.

mike

·
Vendor
270 Posts
I stand corrected. The receiver is steel. It's not anodized aluminum, I'm sorry. The internal parts are polished. The receiver is CNC machined, I do not know if it is solid billet or cast. I'll attempt to get verification on this. The receiver is coated and I will also get clarification for this.

·
What squad am I on?
8,262 Posts
Wen I had the receiver exposed trying to fix the doubling it appears that there was no coating and second i think most of the internals are polished "cast"

On the "not" firing, we have had the same experience on the non firing with the winchester shells. we still use them cause they are cheap at the local walmart.

mike
I hope so...I placed some "value" shells on the counter and they are flat but placed a AA SuperSport on the counter and it had some wobble indicating a proper primer seating so we'll go with poor quality control on the value packs. I have never experienced a FTF on a AA. In the big scheme of things, three FTF within a thousand rounds of "value" shells isn't unacceptable I guess.

·
What squad am I on?
8,262 Posts
So anything new? Round count's going up for me, what about the other TT owners?

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
The original post was "how many shells through your TT-15DX". It seemed simple enough. If you have such a gun, post how
many rounds you have through it. It was not "what is your opinion of Turkish guns".

·
Thorn in your side
8,111 Posts
The original post was "how many shells through your TT-15DX". It seemed simple enough. If you have such a gun, post how
many rounds you have through it. It was not "what is your opinion of Turkish guns".
SO how many do you have through yours?

·
Registered
222 Posts
approx, 600 to 700

·
What squad am I on?
8,262 Posts
SO how many do you have through yours?
1200...been frigid. I like to shoot but hate to be cold. Only shot 50 birds last weekend. This weekend I plan to shoot at a couple hundred (at least). Depends on the weather.

·
What squad am I on?
8,262 Posts
1200...been frigid. I like to shoot but hate to be cold. Only shot 50 birds last weekend. This weekend I plan to shoot at a couple hundred (at least). Depends on the weather.
Over 2000 rounds...getting better with each one. Only issues I've encountered are three fail-to-fires; all with Winchester value packs. Rib on unsingle wouldn't stay tight at center set-screw. Blasted it with BrakeKleen, reassembled using blue loctight and it hasn't worked itself lose since.

21 - 40 of 184 Posts