Trapshooters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 184 Posts

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious.
How long have you had the gun?
Which Model? (single, un single, double or combo)
and...How many rounds?
Any trouble?

thanx
mike

·
Registered
402 Posts
I have an unsingle with 3500 rounds thru it. Had it since September of last year. No issues whatsoever. Best scores to date are 98 in singles and a 96 and 97 in caps. Can't complain at all. Waiting for the O/U till next month, I'll set it up for singles and doubles and leave the unsingle for caps. I really like the guns, they fit me and my budget very well!

·
Registered
222 Posts
TT-15DX combo
Bought mine January 14th 2016
I have approximately 600 rounds through it so far
No issues
Guys at the clubs go nuts over it, cant believe the features for the price

Reactions: arnold55

·
Registered
8,066 Posts
From what I learned from Tri Star at SHOT show, the single barrel models only have one firing pin hole, they can't shoot an O/U barrel on them.

·
Registered
222 Posts
From what I learned from Tri Star at SHOT show, the single barrel models only have one firing pin hole, they can't shoot an O/U barrel on them.
Yes that is correct, the combo is approximately $300-$400 more, so even if a person thinks they might like to shoot doubles someday or entertaining maybe getting an unsingle to go with their O/U it would be worth it to buy the combo. For that little bit more if you decide you dont like doubles your not out the cost of a complete gun and it would make yours more sellable if ever decided to get rid of it.

Reactions: ganger

·
Registered
3,060 Posts
Tri star is not the only manufacture to omit the second trigger assembly as a cost saving measure. Now they're offering a combo they may find adding in the second trigger assembly in all their receivers will reduce overall production costs. This would be to the benefit of those who may want to add a o/u barrel at a later date.

Surfer

·
Registered
41 Posts
Just curious.
How long have you had the gun?
Which Model? (single, un single, double or combo)
and...How many rounds?
Any trouble?

thanx
mike

TT-09 3500 rounds since I bought it used in June. No problems. Does what I need it to do. Just a Sunday shooter.

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
"From what I learned from Tri Star at SHOT show, the single barrel models only have one firing pin hole, they can't shoot an O/U barrel on them."

This is not correct. I have an unsingle with two firing pin holes!

·
Thorn in your side
8,111 Posts
I'm really not one to bash a gun too much, shoot what you have and can afford, BUT just because you can shoot a 25 or a 50 straight with it, does NOT make it a good quality gun. I bought a TriStar TT-09 brand new several years ago. I shot a 75 straight with it about the third time out at my second ever ATA shoot.

A few weeks later at the 4000 round mark, the firing pin broke and left me standing on the line looking for a gun to finish the nights league with.

I got it fixed a few days later and sold it immediately.

Again, shoot what you have, but just because you can shoot it, has nothing to do with it's quality.

The Tri Star was the second Turkish piece of crap I bought. I broke the first one also after about 4-5000 rounds. I sent it back to the factory and they sent me a brand new one. I never even put it together, sold it as fast as I could.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I'm really not one to bash a gun too much, shoot what you have and can afford, BUT just because you can shoot a 25 or a 50 straight with it, does NOT make it a good quality gun. I bought a TriStar TT-09 brand new several years ago. I shot a 75 straight with it about the third time out at my second ever ATA shoot.

A few weeks later at the 4000 round mark, the firing pin broke and left me standing on the line looking for a gun to finish the nights league with.

Again, shoot what you have, but just because you can shoot it, has nothing to do with it's quality.

The Tri Star was the second Turkish piece of crap I bought. I broke the first one also after about 4-5000 rounds. I sent it back to the factory and they sent me a brand new one. I never even put it together, sold it as fast as I could.
They sent a new gun because of a busted firing pin?

mike

·
Registered
222 Posts

No where in my comment did I say this gun was the best on the market or better than any other gun, and I didnt even call any other brand a gun a piece of shit. I was just implying that I finally got my gun dialed in and shot my first 25 with it. I know Gussers that it isnt the gun or the money you spend on one that gets you a good score, if that was the case the 2 guys that were shooting Berettas and the one that was shooting the Perazzi tonight would of got 25's also.
"Its not the arrow, its the Indian!" :peace:

·
Thorn in your side
8,111 Posts
They sent a new gun because of a busted firing pin?

mike
Two different guns, two different issues, two different manufacturers. The one that was replaced was a Stoeger and the rib was falling off and the chamber was seperating from the barrel.

·
Registered
3,060 Posts
Gee ribs have fallen off Ljutic's and Perazzi's for that matter and they've broken firing pins, hammer springs and other parts. I don't hear anyone calling them a pos.

It seems the Turkish guns you bought the manufactures stood behind their warranties and product, lucky for you wasn't it.

This whole thread has been about TriStar's fully featured trap gun being offered at a very attractive price and how fits into many shooters budgets. These owners are reporting how impressed they are with this new model in terms of adjustments and how well it shoots for them. None claim the gun to be anymore than it is.

None of you can't name one gun manufacture who hasn't had quality issues somewhere along the line, not one. You manufacture you're going to have problems so stop being so righteous.

Surfer

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Two different guns, two different issues, two different manufacturers. The one that was replaced was a Stoeger and the rib was falling off and the chamber was seperating from the barrel.
A guy at our club had the same thing happen to his stoeger. He lucked out. He paid $300 for the gun used, used it a couple of times. When the gun came apart he sent it back and like you they replaced it no questions asked!

mike

·
Registered
99 Posts
I recently purchased a combo from Patrick on this site - He was very easy to deal with and provided very prompt delivery. Unfortunately I haven't had a chance to shoot it yet (cold in MN).

The only feedback I can give is on initial fit of the gun. For me (normal sized - 5'10 - 180) the gun doesn't fit well at all (eye way over the factory rib). Stock's drop at comb is too low (or the stock is too wide) with the comb set at it's lowest position and the rib at the highest pattern setting. Anyone else have fit issues and how did you rectify? Instead of messing with the wood, I am fabricating a higher replacement rib for the gun to allow shooting flatter and have a better sight picture with the current stock setup. Not sure how this is going to affect things, but I can always put the original rib back on and mess with the stock if I need to.

One other feedback item would be rib width of 12mm is a little wide and the stock light tube is too small and not very good quality (same as on their cheap semi's) and no mid bead. I do think this gun hits a sweet spot in the market as a good entry level gun with good features. Fit and finish is good and the wood is very nice for this level of gun. I will be interested in seeing how these hold up to higher round counts. We still have a couple months until we get out and start shooting again.

Steve

1 - 20 of 184 Posts