Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 40 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
5,675 Posts
Been a "People Hunter" since 1966.

also hunt ducks and occassionally geese (geese = alot of work for very little reward).

Curt

·
Registered
5,675 Posts
Been a "People Hunter" since 1966.

also hunt ducks and occassionally geese (geese = alot of work for very little reward).

Curt

·
Registered
52 Posts
deer, birds, waterfowl, varmints, basically if it has a season or is a problem it is hunted. Bow, muxxleloader, shotgun, rifle. Lots of variety in Oklahoma and Kansas. Okieshootist (David H)

·
Registered
52 Posts
deer, birds, waterfowl, varmints, basically if it has a season or is a problem it is hunted. Bow, muxxleloader, shotgun, rifle. Lots of variety in Oklahoma and Kansas. Okieshootist (David H)

·
Registered
4,278 Posts
I used to be serious for ducks, geese were rare to see around here then. Hard to believe that today, they've become a pest with extra seasons trying to control them. I still love getting out in the marsh, but not getting up and running at 3:30 or 4 to do it. 25 years ago I started going to New Brunswick for grouse, woodcock, and some ducks and gravitated to the upland birds with a dog. The dogs are what make the fun I think. There's not near the ducks around here now there used to be. Also have done some moose,deer, and caribou. Caribou and fishing in northern Canda is a great trip and dollar value. Shoot well and often while we can. Bob

·
Registered
4,278 Posts
I used to be serious for ducks, geese were rare to see around here then. Hard to believe that today, they've become a pest with extra seasons trying to control them. I still love getting out in the marsh, but not getting up and running at 3:30 or 4 to do it. 25 years ago I started going to New Brunswick for grouse, woodcock, and some ducks and gravitated to the upland birds with a dog. The dogs are what make the fun I think. There's not near the ducks around here now there used to be. Also have done some moose,deer, and caribou. Caribou and fishing in northern Canda is a great trip and dollar value. Shoot well and often while we can. Bob

·
Registered
36 Posts
turkey hunting spring and fall. deer hunting here in pa. go to north carolina for deer each year and really like to hunt there. outside the town of weldon shot many nice bucks there in the past 20 years

·
Registered
36 Posts
turkey hunting spring and fall. deer hunting here in pa. go to north carolina for deer each year and really like to hunt there. outside the town of weldon shot many nice bucks there in the past 20 years

·
Supporting Vendor
10,314 Posts
I like just about every type of hunting. I think that the key is to not hurt the animal when you kill it.

·
Supporting Vendor
10,314 Posts
I like just about every type of hunting. I think that the key is to not hurt the animal when you kill it.

·
Registered
4,278 Posts
Tron, I wish there was some way you could "wind them up and let them fly again", as you get older you really regret having to kill the birds to enjoy the hunt. If you don't do your part, how's the dog going to do his. My friends look forward to an annual bird feed. Have fun, Bob

·
Registered
4,278 Posts
Tron, I wish there was some way you could "wind them up and let them fly again", as you get older you really regret having to kill the birds to enjoy the hunt. If you don't do your part, how's the dog going to do his. My friends look forward to an annual bird feed. Have fun, Bob

·
Registered
4,468 Posts
The older I get the less I want to harvest, I have taken many deer in my past but now I think more about their plight for survival. I look at some of the better racks my wall and think about what that majestic buck life was like until he met me. (I became too "efficient" at it and the thrill left me}.

They clay addiction satisfies my love of pulling the trigger and making a good shot - no harm no foul, except to my bank account. Once I shot my first ATA 100 I knew hunting would take a back seat.

I know this is not a rational way of thinking because I eat meat every day. Most of my buddies would be shocked to read this from me, I'm not saying I'll never take another Whitetail but for now...

O well I guess thats why the Marines like em young.

·
Registered
4,468 Posts
The older I get the less I want to harvest, I have taken many deer in my past but now I think more about their plight for survival. I look at some of the better racks my wall and think about what that majestic buck life was like until he met me. (I became too "efficient" at it and the thrill left me}.

They clay addiction satisfies my love of pulling the trigger and making a good shot - no harm no foul, except to my bank account. Once I shot my first ATA 100 I knew hunting would take a back seat.

I know this is not a rational way of thinking because I eat meat every day. Most of my buddies would be shocked to read this from me, I'm not saying I'll never take another Whitetail but for now...

O well I guess thats why the Marines like em young.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Doves, ducks, geese, rabbits, phesants, whitetale, mule deer, speedgoats and varmints. I enjoy hunting period. If I had to pick one and do it every day it would be ducks..................Roger

·
Registered
428 Posts
Doves, ducks, geese, rabbits, phesants, whitetale, mule deer, speedgoats and varmints. I enjoy hunting period. If I had to pick one and do it every day it would be ducks..................Roger

21 - 40 of 63 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.