Trapshooters Forum banner
81 - 100 of 123 Posts

·
Registered
4,235 Posts
Don't know if my guns would be considered moderately priced 1976 BT99 $373 new, 1972 Broadway new in 1977, $1160. now only reloads. However with the shortage of components I might have to shoot factory, STS and Gold Medals.

·
Sky Buster
4,221 Posts
I shoot reloads almost exclusively through a browning 725. Yes I know not a expensive gun but will continue to shoot reloads when I upgrade to a real deal high end gun.
There are over 50,000 rounds of both factory and reloads through my Guerini Magnus combo.
No issues yet.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Back when I reloaded, that is all I ever shot in any of my guns. I never gave it a second thought, but I can count on one hand the number of other people I would let shoot their reloads in my gun.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I shoot reloads in every gun I own including the ones I got from my Grandpa and from my Dad. Those are much more valuable than any new trap gun.

·
5,524 Posts
I've shot reloads in my Japanese and Belgium Brownings, 90T and Krieghof and Winchester... all nice guns without issue.

My club members put reloads through their Beretta SOs, Perazzi, Kolar, Ljutic, Kreighof and CGs... even a Purdey...

·
Sky Buster
4,221 Posts
Basically the question concerns the shooting of reloads and the potential albeit perhaps small that an issue would
void the factory warranty as Caesar Guerini's manual for example expressly says not to use reloaded ammunition.
So if you shoot a high price gun your monetary risk is greater than shooting a lower priced gun and does that factor in your choice of shooting reloads or not.
All the manufacturers caution against using reloads.

·
Registered
726 Posts
I know a guy that reloads for sgls, dbls and Hdcp from the fence. Shoots a Guerini Summit 30" O/U for all of it. Dad does!

Jason in PA

·
Registered
15 Posts
I shoot reloads in my alfermann even though its clearly marked factory target ammo only. No issues yet. Have more issues with cheaper grade new shells

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
I have been using reloads in all my guns that include Perazzi, Kolar and my favorite gun at the moment is my Seitz. I have never had a problem

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
Not only do I shoot reloads through my 15K Kolar, I shoot very clean reclaimed shot as well.
If you want to shoot during this time of limited supply, you shoot what you can get.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I have not bought new shells in 30 years. From my P gun. Ithaca 5E, Kx6. I like to be able to find right load for part of country or DD or Caps. Its all Fun

81 - 100 of 123 Posts