Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
I have been using them since 2005. have them on browning, krieghoff, perazzi, and seitz ... never had a single problem .. I have 16 units ... I love them

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
look at my thread...... P.F.S. top bushing !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
...........mine and my buddies were sent back to Vern twice ,too short of a top bushing ,so i turned out a 1" bushing for mine and theres ,since then i have rebuilt them from all over the shooting world

Victor Tomlinson

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
I had the top rod come loose, after about 5 years of use. I didn't realize what was wrong until I had dropped severl birds...I was damn mad. Now I check it just about every use. Not any bigger deal than check to make sure my choke tubes are tight.

JON

·
Registered
5,344 Posts
This reminds me of MEC Reloader owners. People always discuss you have to do this for that problem and adjust this and put thread locker on that. What's hilarious is that after all of that they defend the product like a junk yard dog. I had an "Erector Set" when I was a kid, but I'm not going to shoot or reload with one.

·
Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
After 15 years of shooting it I sent it in to Vern to have him check it out. He didn't charge me anything when he rebuilt it with the new upgrades.

Buck

·
Registered
7,690 Posts
I had a PFS years ago, didn't notice any movement on the top rod before I sold it.

I start to use my second sets of PFS this year, a new model with the aligner bracket. Was it made to prevent said movement?

·
Registered
823 Posts
Some of the units used a plastic or Teflon type bushing, it would get loose faster than the bronze type. Send it in if it gets loose, or get the upgrade from VDT.

The figure 8 brace helps function by eliminating some flexing; especially for folks who've made extreme drop or cast adjustments. GAP

·
Registered
572 Posts
"This reminds me of MEC Reloader owners. People always discuss you have to do this for that problem and adjust this and put thread locker on that. What's hilarious is that after all of that they defend the product like a junk yard dog. I had an "Erector Set" when I was a kid, but I'm not going to shoot or reload with one. "

I went 99% on 2100 targets on my erector set stock and Mec reloads.YMMV

·
Registered
5,344 Posts
I have nearly 98% with a factory wood stock, 366 loader and I drive a Chevy truck. Am I bad or what?

·
Banned
308 Posts
If you buy one you should plan to have it sent to vdt.

I had 2 pfs all with the same problem but the fix done by vdt is inexpensive.

jmho mikey

·
Registered
13,620 Posts
My stock still has the old style teflon bushing, I haven't found a need to have it replaced. My stock does have a TINY bit of movement, but its only noticeable when you're TRYING to induce the movement, I NEVER notice it when I'm actually shooting the gun. I tried the figure 8 bracket, but I have so much offset in my comb that I could feel it on the side of my face, so I took it off. I tried it more from a "It can't hurt" standpoint than out of necessity.

Two 399x400, half a dozen 398x400, five 99s in doubles, five 100s in the .410, and countless championships have all been shot with a PFS on my Kolar (and with shells loaded on MEC 9000s).

·
2,755 Posts
No, Perazzi_MX8, you are not "bad," but you are stretching it a bit to claim nearly 98% (just over 97.5) when you only shot 300 targets. Shoot a few more events and see what the average is then, okay?

Bob

·
Registered
7,409 Posts
One thing is for sure while patting yourself on the back remember you have the ugliest gun in the world, next to a Skunk grade. Jeff

·
Registered
13,620 Posts
Given the choice between a pretty gun and a good score, I'll take the good score every time. There are no style points in the clay target sports.

·
Registered
572 Posts
"skeetman; do those score prove that sheet is an easy game?- Roger C. "

No it proves his stock fits well.

"I have nearly 98% with a factory wood stock, 366 loader and I drive a Chevy truck. Am I bad or what?- Perazzi_MX8 "

You are calling the PFS junk.I believe it is the best fitting stock you can buy.

·
Registered
572 Posts
"One thing is for sure while patting yourself on the back remember you have the ugliest gun in the world, next to a Skunk grade. Jeff"

Just keep playing the options guys.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts