Trapshooters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 92 Posts

· Registered
SKB 85TSS; Beretta 694
59 Posts
Lifetime is $500 right? and Yearly is $20. In 25 years of shooting ATA it would pay for itself. So, if you are young (when you don't have money) is the best time to buy a lifetime membership but when you are old and have money it's the worst time to buy one. Im still yearly at this point but will probably go lifetime in 2023 since i have already spent the $20 for 2022. Im 37 and will likely shoot beyond the age of 62. So every year after 62 (which is 2046), the ATA is giving me $20. Pretty good deal. But in all seriousness. I am an ATA fan and wish I would have just bought one from the beginning but I didn't realize how much I would like it.

· Registered
Perazzi MX2005 Combo
82 Posts
I’m a 23 year old shooter and I plan to become a life member at the end of this coming season only because I have paid for this season along with my trap and field. My question is if I become a life member, do I still pay the $30 a year for Trap and Field or is that covered with life membership?

· Registered
1,157 Posts
Bought life membership somewhere around 1990. I was contemplating running for alternate delegate and this is a requirement. Besides that, it's just easier than having to renew every year.

· Registered
7,258 Posts
Life, family, and a crappy career was getting in the way of my shooting. So I bought a life membership, and knew it would be there that one day I decided to start shooting ATA again. Was that 13 years ago? I might actually break even on it. I figured this would be the last thing that I truly enjoyed that I could keep doing up until near the end. But what will truly suck is the day I have to stop riding motorcycles.

· Ya can't miss with a shotgun
3,181 Posts
I became a Life Member after my second year into the sport. I just completed my fourth season of Trapshooting. I did it because of a comittment to Trapshooting, and because it gives back to the sport and to the ATA from which I get so much in return. Yes, it’s also nice not have to renew every year.

For the cost of 5-6 flats of shells, why wouldn’t you? Log in and do it.

If you’re looking at a Life Membership in the context of “X” amount of money over so many years and will you break even…… you’re looking at it in completely the wrong way. You don’t know what’s going to happen to you tomorrow.

· Registered
'07 Kolar Max TA 3bbl set, Jeff Mainland fitted
2,818 Posts
In 2007 I bought two lifetime trapshooting items. A factoy custom built Kolar Max TA combo & an ATA lifetime membership. At 81 & still going strong, it was a good choice. I bought NRA lifetime memberships for me & my newborn son in 1968. Also a marriage license in 1967.. all still good..

· Registered
Perazzi TMS/Browning Recoilless
1,638 Posts
Every year I've shot registered I've told myself I should just buy a life membership"....but I have walked away from shooting registered a few times since my first registered shoot in 1986 for extended periods, once for 10 years from 1988-1998, then again from 2006-2015 and last time from 2016-2020....so for the short terms I have shot registered over those years it still wouldn't have yet paid for itself at the $300 price it was when I first shot. Being in Canada you have to add the exchange rate in so it would have been up to as high as an extra $120 at it's highest point.

· Registered
1,300 Posts
I Never started shooting ATA registered targets till I was in my mid 60's, I should have bought a life time membership then but wasn't sure how long I would be shooting, In another 7 years I will have paid the same as as lifetime membership but the fact is the $20 per year isn't going to make or break me so I'll just carry on annually, nice that they send me an e-mail though and remind me that it's due 😀

Reactions: The Canuck

· Premium Member
2,394 Posts
During my first year shooting, I determined trap shooting and ATA competitions was a lifetime sport so I signed up my second year for a lifetime membership. Had gaps in shooting during my work and family raising years but never had to think about sending in annual dues.

· Registered
153 Posts
First shoot at Trap knew I had the bug. Club members told me just get a life membership, think back then $150,
Shooting 40 years now-think it was no-brainer. NRA member- Was going to get life membership Til last year. Now
a nonmember...........

1 - 20 of 92 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.